I told a guy that he was a sex addict. He said that "how can a girl that sleeps around have an opinion on me" why?

Although what he said was true about me. Why won't he work on improving himself?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... why won't you work on improving yourself?

• I did. That's why I'm trying to help him

• Whoa, sounds like a train wreck.

Here's my advice: leave him to his own devices. He's clearly self-destructing, but there's truly nothing you can do about it, sad as it is. You can't save someone from themselves.

I don't know whether or not you are just friends, colleagues, or romantically interested, but my advice would be to keep distance and not get involved. If those problems aren't disastrous enough to inspire him to change, surely nothing you say will do the trick.

• I agree 100% with your last comment. I thought I was a sex addict, but this guy takes the cake

What Guys Said 4

• Well it sounds like you're both thinking the same thing. You're both focused on the problem that the other person should fix. You specifically said "Why won't he work on improving himself" and he's probably thinking the same thing about you. Just focus on your own business and he should focus on his.

• You both no different so why not work on improving yourself first then worry about others if you bother, unless you want him.

• Takes one to know one. Pretty normal saying.

• That's how I know he has a problem lol

• Not true. I never said I was a saint

• So you're saying you aren't being a hypocrite?

Okay. You are a sex addict. Get help ^^

• "The pot calling the kettle black" that's why.

What Girls Said 5

• maybe he doesn't want to work on it and he got offended by what you said...
    only people that want to change actually try to change.

• both of you need to work on yourself.. why dont you do it together?

• he doesn't want to improve.

• The pot calling the kettle black?

• Not really. He does it for intimacy issues and variety. I did it to try and escape a bad relationship

• Same shit.

• You need to work on yourself and stop concerning yourself with other people's businesses mind your own.