Were you ever the victim of road rage?

• Yes
  • No
This is something that I didn't expect, almost every girl has been a victim of road rage.

Most Helpful Guy

• Several times, probably because I am old, grey, drive an up-market European car and look totally non-threatening to the mind of the typical psycho who has anger issues.
    They all seemed to be around 30, skinny, had goatees and permanent sneers on their faces.
    As the line from the movie Pretty Woman goes: Big mistake, big, huge.
    The grey-haired old man is a former soldier and long-time student of karate.

What Girls Said 25

• Oh yeah. Most notably, I was stopped at a red light and the car behind me came up and apparently nearly hit my (stopped) car. The old man who was driving jumped out of his car, came up to my window and yelled at me! I was so confused! Haha what did I do?

• hasn't everyone been

• Yes, one time this woman wasn't paying attention and my mom went over into her lane (signaled, waited, was in the right) and she still terrified surprised that idiot. She then went into the other lane, and sped past while yelling BIITCHH.

I was a child and it shook me up.

I think my uncle cursed back at her too, haha. And flipped her off. So, yes, I know all about road rage.

Luckily, no one has ever targeted me (I've never pissed the wrong person off)

• Hahaha YES my father has bad road rage and I've been in the car with him multiple times while he acts out on it. No joke... there have been multiple occasions where I was fearing for my life as he would speed down the street/freeway getting ready to flip off or cuss out someone in a different vehicle.

• Yes! Just a couple of days ago actually. I was driving straight and a truck pulled out quickly from a side street, trying to merge over in front of me. There was no room between my car and the other car, so I kept going, and the truck almost ran into me. He continued to ride my tail, and, while stopped at a light later down the road, him and his friend both gave me the finger and yelled. Such nice people. :)

• This one time, I didn't indicate and I got the finger! :O I nearly always indicate but I was driving home from a looong day in work so I was tired. I get frustrated by people not indicating but I don't swear at them. The most I do is shake my head.

• Hannah591 I like you dont worry i am not trying to chat you up or anything lol , I hate people that dont drive properly or drive dangerously.

• Every other day!

• hmm, nothing too bad, not yet.

• Many times.

• I haven't been in one really

The most I've ever done was. I have flipped someone off as an automatic reaction when they did something stupid and almost caused the car I was in to hit them.

Normally I will just curse people in my head if they are driving like wreck less idiots. I wouldn't try to cause any harm though.

• Once as i was merging onto the freeway, this family in it cut me off because apparently the merging lane had a dividing line even though the line wasn't visible.

When I got onto the freeway, this same car tried getting close to mine and the boys in the back seat opened the windows and tried hawking spit at my car. It was really stupid. I can't believe their parents or whoever don't mind such a thing. They looked like a bunch of rednecks.

• Yes, I had a man cut off my (rented) car when he thought I did not give him enough space to merge in. He swerved in front of me and hit his brakes. It was very very dangerous.
    I wrote down the license number and called the police but they were not in the least interested. (This was in New York)

• My school bus driver had road rage.

• I'm usually the instigator.

• Yea, it was funny too. A lady in a beat up Camry wasn't watching, and decided she could take two sides of the road up, so I honked my car to tell her, watch it! And she drove very slowly in front of me with a stupid smirk on her face. I just decided to let it go, she wasn't worth my only life,

• No, but I've been guilty of it was least 5 times, and 4 of those times I wasn't even the one driving... #NOREGRETS

• If I have been I haven't noticed.

• Yeah, he kept tailgaiting me in town. When I braked for a pedestrian at a crosswalk, he hit my car cause he couldn't brake fast enough.

• then what happened? :O

• @Kerbie yeah, I can imagine.. especially when you rely on his money to have it repaired and need a car :/

• Thankfully after I got the money from the claim 2 days later I found a new semi auto car which is not always 100% easy as there are more manual cars in the UK than semi auto and auto but when you can't drive manual you have no choice only thing with my current car is the gearbox is terrible worse than the smarts.

• Never been the victim hopefully will never be

• Yes on many occasions.

• Nope, never

• can't say that I have

• cuz i can't drive but i was in the car when some one had road rage on my grandma

• No but I've had many victims of my road rage

• Luckily, it has not happened to me.

• Actually disregard my answer. I just recalled that it has happened once.

What Guys Said 33

• This happens frequently out here, in a racist ass town I live in, until these mother fuckers realize I'm from the ghetto and I don't tolerate that bullshit. At one point this guy threw a melted ice-cream smoothie thing at me. I shit you not, he threw that shit in the damn car through the open window cause I signaled to turn and did so in front of him and he wasn't paying attention and thought I just cut him off! I was so pissed that despite my friends efforts to relax me I followed him to the next light, got out the car, reached in his car through the window, opened the door, and pulled his ass out and screamed at him. Then I took $50 from his cup holder to pay for a new shirt and clean the damn car cause his ass had to have a bitch fit.

• I was the aggressor. Once these two drunk guys hit our car with me and my dad in it. I was in 9th grade. Needless to say I got out, beat the shit out of them and my dad joined me. Police took our side, No convictions

well this was when I used to live in North India

• Yes, a guy cut me off in reatalia for getting in his way slightly, made me stop in the middle of a freeway. I refused to get out of the car, since as it was, we were lucky not to have been killed doing that...

• I was hit down when I was 16.. I got hit at 20 mph outside the back of my house. I went over the top of the car. I was super lucky.. I just had bruises and a few cuts.
    I kicked her headlines in because she was drunk and the police were called. She could have killed me, anyone would have reacted that way. She got done for drink driving, no MOT and an expired tax disc.. Never saw her after that.

• Maybe? I think the closest I've ever come was a couple of weeks ago. Some guy flipped me off and the only reason I can think of is that we were both in the same lane and preparing to switch to the adjacent lane at the same time. I saw him in my rear view mirror and decided to let him go. A few seconds later, he speeds by me, leans out his window, and flips me off. If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw a little kid in the passenger seat in my rear view as well

• yep. I have people cut me off in rage all the time. I drive a pickup... what are they thinking. I had a little hybrid cut me off out of spite the other day. I could have driven right over it... what on earth was the guy thinking...

• No, I'm always the one with road rage.
    Not the kind where you run into someone, but the kind where you have a cussing fit by yourself and curse humanity.

• well when i first started driving i had cut of a lady to make a left turn and she called me an "A-hole"

Other than that no.

I'm thinking of placing a dagger in my car just in case a human decides to come at me.

• Plenty of times, the most recent being today. Went to do some shopping and some old sod honked at me and shouted "Get a move on!" when I clearly couldn't move ahead.

When I was finally able to, he passed my car and showed me the finger... Some people haha!

• Define "victim of road rage". Just a physical altercation, a verbal one, both, or either?

• either

• Well, I exchanged a verbal altercation with a woman once, but never a physical one with anyone.

• Well a few years ago, a lady ran a red light and drove into busy traffic and T. Boned me.

Tried to sue me for her medical and her car damages.

Crazy bitch... but anyway she lost the case. it back lashed and she had to compensate for destroying my car.

Thank god I had eye witnesses and a police officer that was at the scene to make a statement

• Yeah, sometimes the way I drive pisses people off.

A guy I knew had some guy get so pissed that he followed him to where he worked at a gated military base and blew past the sentry and rammed his car in the parking lot. The MP's came and took him away.

• Lol yeah, my driving instructor was with me and he was not pleased so he got them in big trouble since he plays golf with like the chief of police and a whole bunch of there people lol.

• How many points did you put out to still keep this thread up featured?

• The usual 750 for 24 hours.

• Three or four times.

• First time I was driving a small old car in a small street, following a truck (no choice) a pristine Merc started driving close behind me blowing it's horn; a mile farther it blocked me and two men pulledmy door open, hit me in the face.
      I tried to file a complaint but the cops turned it down: leased car. I tracked down the driver's ID: a real estate agent. A month later I had the pleasure of seeing he went bankrupt. Karma is a nice bitch.

-Next time, same place, same hour, same thing, a guy with a Porsche. He too blocked me but this time I blocked my doors. All he could do was kick my car while I smiled. I didn't care about possible damage to that old clunker. I didn't care to go to the cops.
      -The third time was when coming back from a party: two young guys started chasing me, just for fun. I stopped but this time I had a 2 ft steel bar in the car. I got out, showed it. End of story. Nobody hurt, that time. I didn't care to go to the cops.

• Nope, as in myself or my vehicle hurt, no. Accidents always happen to me or my relatives due to crappy driving and stupidity crap.

• I mean to others crappy driving and stupidity. I get mad at peoples bad driving, BUT that's hardly road rage.

• thankfully not... don't drive so...

• No but someone else will be.

• I had some old bitch get out of her car at a stop light and bitch at me I told her "Get the fuck back in your car, I didn't tough you."

• not really.. I've been annoyed before with certain things but never to an extent that is considered road rage

• Yes, I was a victim of my own road rage. I can't help getting angry when bicyclists cut me off, so I run them off the road.
    It's not my fault they're stupid and I get filled with rage!!!

• Which is a reason why I don't own a bicycle myself. Where are you going to ride? Not on a road because I'm not getting in any cars way.

• Lol MANY! times from both men and women of all ages.

• Yeah bro..

• No but I've perpetrated some.

• Either it was road rage, or this idiot felt like messing with me because I was driving the car from my driver's ed school.

• No, honestly we were the ones raging... My mom cut someone off even though that person had the 'right of way'... she gave him the finger, and I was just looking like 'huh?'

• yeah several times

• no, cause I would turn the attacker into the victim

• Yeah a few times. Though I'm usually on the other end of the road rage.

• no, i never have been,

• More from Guys
    3