Is it possible for someone who can only walk a mile to work into an ability to run 20 miles a day?

No over night but over the course of a few years. I really want to be able to run long distances and tone up a lot. Has anyone here done it or at at least went from being inactive to runninga few miles a day?

I dont mean overnight it could take 5 years, and not runnign 20 a day but have the abilty to run 20 in one day

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah but it'll take you a long time. Besides running 20 miles a day probably isn't gonna be good for you.

What Guys Said 4

• absolutely not. walking isn't exercise its just not inactivity and walking a mile isn't worth mentioning honestly that takes all of 20 minutes. it would be suicide to jump from walking one mile to running 20

• runnin 20 miles?

guess that's kinda much

• Sure. But work up to it.

• Yes with proper building up training - Most newbies training for city marathons do at least 6 months training.

What Girls Said 1

• Over the coarse of a few years I don't see why not. As long as you don't have any major physical or health problems.