What's the difference ego and confidence?

Updates:
Between *

0|0
4|3

Most Helpful Girl

• e·go
    ˈēɡō/
    noun
    a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
    "a boost to my ego"
    synonyms: self-esteem, self-importance, self-worth, self-respect, self-image, self-confidence
    "the defeat was a bruise to his ego"
    PSYCHOANALYSIS
    the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity.
    PHILOSOPHY
    (in metaphysics) a conscious thinking subject.

con·fi·dence
    ˈkänfədəns/Submit
    noun
    the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.
    "we had every confidence in the staff"
    synonyms: trust, belief, faith, credence, conviction
    "I have little confidence in these figures"
    the state of feeling certain about the truth of something.
    "it is not possible to say with confidence how much of the increase in sea levels is due to melting glaciers"
    a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities.
    "she's brimming with confidence"
    synonyms: self-assurance, self-confidence, self-possession, assertiveness; More

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Ego is arrogance
    Confident is to do with positive self-esteem

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they're both the same, I have both ahah

0|0
    0|0
  • there is no difference.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• A person with a big ego thinks highly of himself and promotes himself to others. If he is not confident about something he will attempt to deflect attention to something else or assign the task to anyone else.

A confident person believes he has the necessary skills for a particular situation. He may or may not outwardly express confidence.

Ego and confidence are not interchangeable, although people with big egos usually exhibit confidence whether they have it or not in order to maintain the image they hold of themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ego is pride. Confidence is knowing you can do something without boasting about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Confidence is knowing what you are doing and ego is trying to fake it.

0|0
    0|0