Does anyone else do this at grocery self checkouts?

Do you ever ring up merchandise as something else for a cheaper price?

i only do it with produce. I'll get organic fruit but ring it up as conventional. Or get something like more expensive peppers and ring them up as cheaper bell peppers. How common is this?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Hahaha, you sneaky...

Hadn't even though of that.

• you must be chinese like me lol

• haha i've never done that but I do not eat fruits and vegetable that often. I mean that is messed up that you do that. why dont you just eat the nonorganic stuff? organic is not that much better for you.

• You're not an expert at the self checkout machines. That's their fault for not having a proper way to check it out faster. If you check something out and it doesn't scan properly (thereby not paying for it), again it's not your fault. You were never trained to use the machine, there isn't instructions. I am not advocating you do any of this,, but your mind should be at ease, especially if you are willing to pay.

• too lazy. i just grab the stuff and run.

What Girls Said 7

• No cause they have labels on them which when you scan shows the correct price besides I'm not a thief

• I've done it before accidentally by choosing the wrong button, but oh well. Not everything here has a barcode, which would make things easier.

• Nope... because they always check it anyways.

• I have never done this before.

• I see people do it but then I just feel bad for the company because if you think about it if half of the people that use the self check outs do that, who do you think pays for the excess owing? The company. So when it gets out of hand the self check outs will be taken away.
    The company trusts you to use it responsibly and you betray their trust, eventually resulting in ruining everybody else's shopping experience.

• i never do that.

• You can't do that in grocery stores here. Everything needs a barcode. Produce do not. They can't be scanned in the self checkouts.