If someone killed a family member, would you want that person dead?

If someone killed a family of yours, would you want to kill that person or execute that person, or not? Why and why not? The reason why I'm asking is because I remember in my highschool, we were having a discussion about this, and everyone said they'd want the person dead or they'd want to kill him/her. I felt somewhat surprised by their responses

• Yes, I'd want that person dead
  • No, I wouldn't want that person dead

Most Helpful Guy

• Knee jerk reaction says yes, because that is the easiest way to kill the pain (eye for an eye).

Longer contemplation says no, because the inevitability of life is death (they will die regardless of whether I speed up the process or not), but I want them to come to the full emotional/physical/mental/spiritual realization of their actions.

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't want them dead... i'd make them suffer for years on end and I'd make them want to die and wouldn't give them that opportunity

• Absolutely unequivocably yes.

• It would be barbaric and I would be giving into my animal instincts if I wanted to kill someone for revenge. I am better than the killer and do not need to stoop to their level.

• no i can never want someone dead. even if they killed everyone else in the world i probably wouldn't want them dead. id rather take myself dead

• Well if someone killed a family member as much as it would pain me. I would have get to stage where i can forgive him , Just as Jesus forgives him.

• I feel the same way. Though I think it would take a lot of strength and a lot of time for me to come to terms and than truly forgive him. I think simply saying that I forgive someone isn't always the same as forgiving someone from the heart

• Yes that is true. But if you gave unforgiveness then it makes you bitter and depressed and so much more problems. So yes it can take to forgive them but it do much better than revenge. Its what the person would want you to do in order for you to move on.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, I would...

• If they didn't die i would personally torture them the rest of my life 😇

• Yes, but not literally.
    I would much rather them suffering in prison for the rest of their lives.

• Most likely

• Yes i would. If a person killed someone i love, i'd only feel as though i had justice if they were dead too