Hey guys and girls I have a pitbull named Rex and he is very good im trying to let people know the truth about pitbulls?

a lot of people think that pitbulls are very bad dogs which is not true i have never had a problem with Rex he's 5 years old, people need to understand that dogs will be aggressive and dangerous if they are provoked or raised that way, pitbulls are as good and loyal as other dogs.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pitbulls are not bad dogs. The aggressive and bad dogs almost always belong to people who train them to be that way - the kind of people who probably should not have a dog. That goes for any breed of dog.

What Girls Said 4

• I know! Most dogs are usually friendly, in a way, calling a whole dog species agressive is... racism... in my opinion so i don't like people doing that.

• I agree with you. I love pit bulls. They are so sweet and beautiful and can make very nice pets if trained correctly. My dog is actually part pit bull. He can get aggressive but will calm down if you pet him.

• I have 2 boxers 1 pitbull they all get along and they are only aggressive to strangers but once they get to know you the aggressiveness goes away

• My dog only gets aggressive when my brothers mess with them, when people try to touch me, when my mom is messing with him, and when someone tries to take him out of the bed.

• I have one too. Super sweet dog!

• I think they're so cute. They are very muscular though, so that could scare some people.

What Guys Said 4

• Have you read the news articles about pit bull attacks, especially where they get out of their house or yard and attack and badly maim someone. Often it is a child in the owner's family. And every story includes quotes from the owner on how the dog never did anything like that before and was always so sweet. Chewing up a child they are familiar with, or getting our of their yard and attacking people and other dogs in the yards of other people is not being as good an loyal as other dogs.

And recently read an article where the reporter checked the number of reports of pit bull attacks and also the number of pit bulls that were registered (giving a pretty good count of how many in the area). this was in Portland, Oregon, a large city for a study like this. It was a while ago, so I don't have the numbers handy, but while the number of attacks by pit bulls was a bit high, it did not seem real high, until looking at the number registered which was extremely small. That means only a few pit bulls caused way, way more injuries than their numbers should have. That is not a sign of a peaceful dog.

• good question? lol, I think people already know this:). but I still like your mytake/question.

• MyTake )))))))

• If you find a way solving bigotry, please do humanity a favor and spread the word.