Who wants to get married more? Men or women? Who benefits more from marriage? Men or women?

Also state why you believe what you believe Try to be original and don't give that lame " everything is equal" response.

Most Helpful Guy

• Who benefits more? Obviously women. They take everything you have and if she leaves you then she takes your house, your money, your kids, maybe she leaves the car if you're lucky.

What do men stand to benefit from marriage? 'Companionship' isn't worth signing your soul over for. Most women aren't even wife material anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe females probably want to get married more than men, simply because we were introduced to marriage at a very young age, it would be every girls "dream". I think women benefit more from marriage because around a certain age, certain women think that if you're not married by a certain age, then later you will start on starting a family.. However, now personally my whole view on marriage has changed drastically.

• I think women want to get married more and get more benefits

• Why is that?

• There's more security for women when they're married, assuming you don't get divorced, like @DeltaDanner said.

• So there's very very little benefit for a guy to get married.

What Guys Said 3

• It helps both men and women in different ways.
    For a man, it helps by having a woman at home to eleviate the stress of any domestic tasks he might otherwise have to do himself and with that help from his wife, he can focus on furthering his career and loving his wife. A subservient wife enables a man to be more productive with his time.

For a woman, a man provides a safer and more secure environment to raise children in and eleviates any stress placed on the woman by having to leave her children alone for periods of time in order to raise them properly.

Unfortunately relationships have lost these gender roles in today's society in many parts.

• I believe women benefit more from marriage. There are so many stereotypes that come with marriage like being a slave to your wife and a husband being the dumb worker in the relationship. This of coarse isn't the case for every marriage, but it seems to be the status quo. Also women are winners in divorces. A man has to give half of everything he owns to the woman and if she divorces him she gets it. With that being the case and divorce rates so high you can see why less and less men want to get married.
    That being said I think marriage is a good idea and benefits both parties equally if it is with the right person. Marriage can be great or it could be horrible, it all depends on the people in it.

• I think women want it more some have been planning their wedding day since what the age of 5? And I also think women benefit from it more.