Guys, Do you guys have a problem with Feminists?

Hey guys!
So I am a Feminist, and believe that women should be treated with the same amout of respect men have. I think that there is no such thing as a "Man's job", and that women are perfectly capable of accomplishing tasks on their own, and if someone were to say something bad about women I would definently say something. Now, I am not a man-hater in any way shape or form! I totally respect them. So, do you guys have a problem with Feminists, or wouldn't date one?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• So you believe that men are treating women with disrespect? In what way? As for the a "Man's job" what do you mean by that? Do you think men do not think women are capable? Would you also critisize someone who said something bad about men?
    You say you respect men, but everything you said seems to suggest you think very poorly of men sinc in order to be a feminist you must believe that women are being mistreated (and men are not) and that it is at the hands of men,(since to claim it is society you would also have to acknowledge that you are just as responsible as men.) The very premise of feminisim is that men are bad since it holds as true the belief that men have oppressed women for the benefit of men since the begining of our species which is not particularly accurate. Women couldn't vote is a misnomer that implies that men could, when in fact they only gained that right in 1850(USA) while women gained it 70 years later. Mens right to vote was granted only because they manage to succesfully argue that since they could be drafted into war against there will (as well as bucket brigades to put out fires and other such situations), that meant they were active participants in the functioning of the government. Prior to this only rich land owners (men and women) where given the right to vote since they contributed to the government through property tax (their was a small rebelion in rhode island because rich land owners where taking advantage of this situation). In England a survey found that 70% of women did not want to have the right to vote strictly because they did not want to get drafted. Eventually women were given the right to vote, however they were not required to take the resposibility (the draft) that whent with it as men did. Originally men where given full custody of children in a divorce because they had both the legal and social responsibility to provide for there children. Feminist felt that this was unfair and so the laws where changed, but instead of joint custody and joint responsibility its was altered so that women would nearly always be given full custody (by default) yet men where still expected to be financially responsible for the childs well being. Women again gained the priveledge, but not the subsequent responsibility that the men had. We speak of how wrong it is that their is no women in politics yet ignore the fact that all life endangering or physicaly demanding jobs are held by men. That is not equality. No, I would not date a feminst

• "Mans job" is just a saying that I've heard men say when a woman tries to attempt something. I do not think poorly of men as I said before. I also do not think that women are only ones being discriminated against, and I do acknowledge that men are too. I admit I should have used the term egalitarian, but I did not know the meaning until now. I'm sorry if I have offended you. That was not my intention.

• No problem! And who knows, maybe people will become more open minded!😄 The world would benefit from it!

• Yes it would.

What Guys Said 44

• Feminist are the scum of the earth.

• No. I wouldn't date a feminist. I believe in genuine equality and genuine independence for women (and for men), which feminists oppose.

To learn more, read this:
    www.google.co.uk/url

• Seriously? Wow I'm a egalitarian for now on then!

• Radical feminists , yes.

Moderate feminists - no but still prefer egalitarians to feminists.

Women should be treated the same way as men are , but if you're calling for that you also have to call for men to be treated the same way as women are.

The current wave of mainstream feminism has be commercialized , twisted and is now being wrapped and sold as a merchandise with the sole purpose to making a PROFIT.

People who fail to see that are probably in the same mindset as the average Fox News viewers are.
    www.oregonlive.com/.../...ialization_of_femin.html

• I have no problem with feminists. If a woman can do a job as well as a man, she should be allowed to do so. But I am also a realist and realize that there are many things that depend on strength that most women don't have and most men do. But I work alongside a woman who handles the same job I do, running forklifts and lifting heavy weights (often more than some of the guys can handle) and though I know most women could not do that, I know she can and fully believe she is just as entitled to the job as any man (more so than a lot of men).

• I'd have no problem with dating a girl who calls herself a feminist or an egalitarian or whatever you're calling yourself now. I've learned that defining people by labels slapped onto them (even when it's self inflicted) is silly. A woman who calls herself a feminist may be more sexist than one who shys away from the term and vice versa. The only sure way to know if someone's core beliefs about important issues like gender equality are compatible with mine, is to actually speak to them rather than assume anything based on a single word. Especially one so misunderstood, twisted and hotly debated as feminist.

• I think there are misandrists in the feminist camp, so that's where guys get rubbed the wrong way. I personally have no problem with women activists, and I am for women's rights, as I am an egalitarian at heart. Sometimes, it seems like there are women who feel snubbed by the fact that men have been dominant for so long that they lash out against men for no reason other than them being men. It's when that happens that I oppose those women who claim to be Feminists.
    I prefer that women for social equality to be called egalitarian, as I feel that's a better definition, but whatever name you give it, so long as it is for true equality, I have no problem.

• You've taught me a new term! Thanks, and I think I'll use egalitarian more open!

• *Often

• No problem. Teaching is one of my specialties.

• I support the equality between men and women just like you but I really don't see a reason why would you call yourself a feminist for that, I don't need to belong to a group to believe that there must be equality between men and women especially that this group take it too far sometimes.

• Feminists try to solve gender inequality by merely focusing on the problems of only one gender.

When's the last time you've seen a feminist rally behind spousal abuse of men? Gender bias leaning towards women in custody cases? Male victims of rape by women?

You don't. You just don't. Some feminists claim to be advocating gender equality, but they don't want the same responsibilities.

• Feminism in nutshell.
    http://i.imgur.com/SIZbMfM.jpg

• So a true feminist wants women to have the most power?

• My apologies if I made myself sound rude :)

Have a good day.

• Don't worry about it! You sound very passionate about this topic, and I think that you should keep on sharing your knowledge. Thanks and you too😄

• I have no problem with feminists - As for dating her that would depend on other things apart from feminism.

• It depends on the feminist, because there are varying degrees and lots of possible double standards to consider. I believe that everyone should be treated equally, however that being said with many feminists equal means favoring women, and they tend to bring many double standards which just end up destroying their arguments. Also, although there is still inequality in the first world, however feminism is needed far more in third world countries and places still living in virtual patriarchies (you know, all the places where feminism doesn't exist) but really the one thing that posses me off with things like feminism is that there is usually someone speaking in absolutes

• I don't have a problem with Feminists. I think their beliefs are misguided, as there are several jobs men are PROVEN to be better than women at - and, may I add, there are many jobs that women are more suited to than men.
    However a lot of feminists I know push the boundaries and start to declare that women are 'superior' than men in general - the idea of a feminism cake sale comes to mind; cakes are 50p for women and £1 for men. This brand of feminism approaches hypocrisy, and does annoy me.

• If they start in on me I dont like it

• I prefer the term gender-equality to be honest.
    http://i.imgur.com/QgJUL.gif

• most guys aren't sure what feminisim is. i'd go out with a feminist, my personal bugbear: the feminist vegan with misandrical (hatred of men) views and just sees men walking sperm donors

• Depends on how rabid they are. If they tell me I am by nature a terrible person because I'm a male oppressor, then they clearly should just chat among their own groups and just leave me alone. Otherwise, I'm all for gender neutrality.

• I am for equal rights, but equality by its definition is not possible. Men and women are very different, and no amount of screaming shouting or protesting can change that.

• Nope, i have no problem with Feminists , women are entitled to equal rights
    as men are. If i was doing a job such as management i would step down
    to give you the spot on the job and take a position below you.

• i know i'm under 18 so you won't answer but i want to comment my opinion anyway.

I'm okay with feminists.
    It's just the man hating, bigot kinds i don't like.
    i would be more attracted to a feminist than a non-feminist kinda girl.

• As long as she's not those feminists who are mad and angry at all men and hasn't had a good prick in many years if not then sure why not

• I wouldn't care honestly. I don't really delve into stuff like feminist, sexist, and all that other jazz. I would honestly take what you said as another form of confidence in one self and would have absolutely no issue with that.

• I don't have a problem with feminists unless they fail to understand, that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side, no matter how much you want it to be. Depression hits men harder and men are more likely than women to commit suicide. Also, when feminists fail to realise that just because men aren't raped, we're sometimes forced to penetrate against their will.

• I have no problem dating one and I think it's nice she has opinions about things. As long as she's still capable of being nice and you sound nice to me ^_^

• No. I don't have a problem. I'm a Feminist myself, but I only would date a Feminist that dislike the patriarchal roles of both men and women and truly believes are toxic.

• Nope I support that men and women r equal and yeah I'd date one lol

• I have no problem with feminists, although I disagree with only SOME of their beliefs. No, I don't believe nothing's changed within the last hundred years. Things have gotten better.

• I'm all for equality. Fair treatment for everyone regardless of race, gender etc.

But I get really annoyed when I hear feminist crap like "oh so it's cause we are female" or "well only men are like that"

Give it a f Ing rest!!!

• Yeah. I was just curious lol.

• People thinks feminists are a bunch of ranting unshaven feminazis because those are the only ones who make it onto the news... The more moderate feminists that just get on with their lives aren't nearly as shock-newsworthy, right? 😉

• If you're what you say you are no. What I have a problem is those who hijack the term and Use it for different agendas and it's stops people getting on with their lives.

• Yeah people like that are very annoying.

• I actively avoid those people I just can't be bothered.

• As long as you don't go around screaming GIVE US RIGHTS AND DOWN WITH FEMALE OPPRESSION where there clearly is none, I have no bone to pick with you. I am not a feminist, but I am not a woman hater. I am an advocate for gender neutrality.

• More from Guys
    14