Do you prefer home school than public school/private school?

you can teach your kids. it is easy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think taking the opportunities that going to a school can give away from a child is very unfair. School is where you make friends, learn about friendships, do student things and learn about yourself. Homeschooling is too sheltered. You're not giving your child the chance to gain normal life experiences.

• That's not true... I was homeschooled and have plenty of life experience... now I will say this... some homeschoolers are very weird... it's the same with public school kids... some public school kids are very sheltered too.

• @Hopeless_romamtic
      I didn't say you won't have life experiences.. Obviously you will but it will differ. I mean in high school I remember how much I loved going to various school dances, the great teachers I had, the friends I made, the social interaction with the opposite gender, the school trips and camps to places and even just day to day school life with sports and events. If I were homeschooled I would have been very lonely and wouldn't have had those experiences. I myself will be the first to admit I'm quite sheltered l and I know many kids who are the same but I still think school is a very valuable place that equipped with me a lot of skills especially in terms of social interaction and personal development.

What Girls Said 4

• I think a lot of people get home school wrong. They either don't teach their kids enough (so the children are behind their public school/private school peers) or they exclude whatever offends them. That being said, some incredibly knowledgeable people come out of a home school situation.

I would add lessons to my child's education outside of school, but I plan to send them to an advanced public school.

• I'd prefer them to go to a public school with other children.

• So anyone can be a good teacher now.

• I was homeschooled... I liked it some days and other days I didn't... most of my friends went to public school! So couldn't see them a lot... i will probably homeschool my kids.

What Guys Said 2

• I think kids need to interact so I wouldn't be in favour of home schooling. Public/Private schools - I would love to see a good quality public school system but that might be a fantasy.

• I think children should be sent to public/private school so that they can develop their personality and socialize more with other kids. I am not in favour of home schooling.