Do people just view bartenders as trashy?

First off, I'm getting attacked by my bro here because I'm considering bartending. For some odd reason bartenders are consider "one step closer into becoming a stripper." I only want to bartend for the money, guys won't interest me especially since I already have boyfriend. I've only been with two guys at this age, and only slept with my current boyfriend. I've been approached by many men and I just don't get why I'm getting attacked by my bro, when he knows I'm not trashy. I'm in it for the money, but I won't ever go as low as stripping to make money. I'm still bartending?

Do you view bartenders as trashy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think bartending is a trashy job. In fact, I think it's a really cool job! Especially if you're good at it. My big brother worked as a bartender for many years, both in small pubs and in very fancy, high-class restaurants. By doing that, he got super good at knowing all the different types of alcohol, knowing which ones go well together, knowing how to create cool drinks (also non-alcoholic ones) etc. Still today, when he invites the family to his and his girlfriend's place, he sometimes asks us if we feel like having a cool drink before eating the starters. He also got to learn some of this awesome tricks like throwing this shaking cup over his shoulder and catching it again with his other hand. It's a lot of fun to watch him :-).
    And I also wanted to say that I don't really find it fair if you're putting yourself over strippers (making sure to everyone that you're not "trashy like them"). Stripping is not a trashy job either. That's just something stuck-up, brainless macho guys say. Anyone who has some empathy knows that stripping is a bloody tough job (as can bartending be, depending on where you work). It demands a lot of you, physically and emotionally. Not everyone can get naked in front of 100 people. Stripping is probably harder work than most of those office jobs.

• Thank you sooo much. You made me feel so much better 😊😊😊

What Guys Said 13

• You will have to act provocative in order to get more tips,
    many bartenders flirt with customers... I don't know i wouldn't feel comfortable knowing my sister was potentially flirting with a bunch of drunk dudes every night

Also i know 2 bartenders, both ended up stripping

• Others may feel that way, but I don't, I see nothing wrong with bar tending as a job, or even a profession and I have nothing against bartenders themselves. When you think about it, a good bartender has a pretty important task when at work, the regulation of both the alchohol and the patrons of his/her establishment, they are usually very hard workers.

• That's what I actually see. Very hard working, back and forth moving, performing quick task, having to be sociable and happy under stress

• Yep, I agree, I knew a guy from work who did bartending before and he always maintained how vigilant and hard working you had to be to make it in that line of work.

• Mhm, my point exactly. Thanks😊😊

• I see them as normal women no better or worse than anyone else.

• no it's a respectful job in my opinion

• Thanks😊

• Christian. He don't go to church though

• not so religious then... weird

• no bartenders are as classy a job as say the hostess for the bar. You gotta deal with a lot of drunks, guys hitting on you, girls hitting on you and still keep your cool. Unless the bar is like coyote ugly and you guys take 5 and start dancing and grinding each other on the bar.

• Lol, yeah. I've seen bartenders even to busy to socialize when the lounge or club is full

• Bartenders are just working people.. I have never seen them as "bad" in any sort of way. It's just a job like many others..

• Good, wish my bro had that mentality lol

• Lol that's funny. I should use that one on him.

• Haha. It's the same reason why dads are so protective of their daughters. They are guys. It takes one to know one :)

• no! i view them as classy people with lots of talents and skills since it doesn't look so easy to make and prepare good drinks to the people at the clubs as fast as they do

• It depends where you bartend. I work in a restaurant with a nice atmosphere, you could definitely bring your kids in at any time of day to eat. The bartenders are nice people, and they make good money.

• Your bro is a bigoted asshole. Ignore him.

• Ummm... Well.

• Depends not all of them I knew a few and they were really nice sweet people men and women.

• I have heard that the managers fuck the girls before offering the job. after that the security will fuck them, even the fellow bar guys fucks them.

• Lmfao, that's some crazy "I heard about" hahaha. But I've heard quite similar

• n what have u heard?

• I've heard similar stories of managers asking the girl to sleep with them. or when you bartend lets say in a strip club, and strippers are needed, the manager would try to get bartenders up to pole dance.

My since i network with some cool peeps I'd figure out its less likely to happen to me. I don't plan to bartend in a strip club either. Maybe a nice lounge

• Yeah, kind of.

What Girls Said 4

• Not everyone can be a bartender. Apart from knowledge for the different drinks and cocktails, you have to be outgoing and socialise with the costumers. This means you have to be friendly with everyone, if you want them to come to the bar again.. Men tend to go in bars with pretty waitresses and bartenders. A lot of men will talk to you and try to get your phone, you 'll have to be friendl while turning them down. That's why your brother worries. If you're up to it, then prove him wrong

• bros are often over protective but personally i agree with what @PiuBelloAmante said..

• I've never heard of this before and if anyone has these views I would not associate with them

• No, I think they are really cool. You have to be outgoing and fun to be a bar tender :)