Why are some people so obssesed with tanning or getting darker?

Do they not realize how badly that fucks their skin up?

If you're pale you're pale
If you're light you're light
If you're fair you're fair
If you're olive you're olive
If you're dark you're dark

accept yourself

Most Helpful Guy

• Why is it that some pale people who desperately want to have color and:or be darker skinned discriminate against those who are naturally darker than they are (high yellow, golden brown, tan brown, golden brown, brown, cocoa brown, dark brown - in short all the naturally colored people of the world) because of their skin color? I'm pale also but adore the natural and exotic beauty of many of the worlds women of color. But I have no desire to tan and i don't discriminate based on skin color. Interesting irony i always thought.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm not into to tanning and I'm what I call 'kpop pale'.

I hear peole say they tan because they want to look healthy. There is nothing healthy about skin damage and skin cancer. They might as well fake tan.

I don't see the point in tanning, it does not make you look better or worse.

• Because some people like a little color nothing wrong with that despite the skin concerns I we want to risk it let us risk it... Kinda like the people who bleach their dark skin to be come lighter all the same. Who cares. I'm pale I want to be darker for summer why cause I like it.

• I don't know. I've done a lot of skin lightening stuff. Partially because as a dark skinned person some parts of my body are darker than others, but mainly because I want to be light skinned.

• My skin doesn't tan that much and I can stay still only so long. But I just love wearing swim suits and relaxing in the sun shine. Bright sunny days in the summer are my favorite!

• Well there's some people obsessed with getting lighter as well. I guess some people aren't satisfied with themselves

• My mother is a dermatologist so I've been raised with a constant fear of skin cancer hahah.

• If your tanned, your tanned you missed that one lol

• I am ok with being pale 🌝

• mostly society. In Asian countries like japan and korea being pale is beautiful and women spend a lot of money on products that make them "white"

• Well, I look healthier when I'm tanned.

• People are never happy with who they are. If they are light they want to be dark, if they are dark they want to be light...

What Guys Said 8

• you want something different I suppose

• So pale people can't tan because there pale? It messes up there skin? Thats not true I'm pale but and I can tan really well cause I have some mederterianian blood. If I spelt that wrong (I don't care..) Lol I prefer girls with tans I gotta back them up. Peace

• And it never really looks better.

• Because I used to be Caucasian and I had a permanent tanned and turned to someone of an Asian

• Agreed. Wrinkles later in life

• Sex appeal, tanned skin tones tend to be more attractive in today's day and age. Nothing wrong with making yourself look better.

• they look like orange plastic IDIOTS

• Maybe not to you, but to some people they really enjoy the look. Either themselves having it, and or it on other people.

• If you're green you're green. (you're sexy Hulk, don't care about your skin color!)
    If you're blue you're blue. (sorry smurfs. not trying to be offensive or something...)

• it'sjust dumb, white girl wanna get brown and golden, and black girls wanna look pale and ghostly