Why do people downvote opinions?

It's not like I'm being mean, even when I'm nice there's this one guy who'll downvote my opinion. It's always a guy, is it one person or is it just a coincident? Why do people downvote opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's probably a coincidence.
    I doubt that someone is stalking all of your answers.
    That is unless you are one of those "hot" women that men on gag go crazy for.

• Nope I'm not one of them... I guess it is a coincidence but I don't understand why these guy downvote my opinions, it breaks my heart lol.

• Lol not me... someone doesn't like you either. See I upvoted.

• Lol... I love my haters !
      . let the downvotes pour in !

Thanks for the upvote

What Guys Said 9

• if it happens a lot it is probably some pussy that got his whinny feelings hurt from one of your comments. Even pathetic people, like yourself, that post anonymously when your already anonymous and it is really stupid, you can still sometimes tell who it is by the comments if he sees you enough.
    Then again, I often will down vote anyone that posts anonymous. Just like I will never give an MHO to someone who creates a fictional account then proceeds to post anonymous.

• this guy then is against u i guess...

• I wouldn't get hung up on it - Not everyone will agree with you.

• Some idiots are like that. Don't worry about it too much

• Some people are just like that here.

• Some people do it to try and get points, troll, or because they can. Most of the time it has nothing to do with what is getting voted on.

• The same reason they give them an approval of an opinion.

• Because they want to or they are too scared to comment back.

• Usually it's a person who loves me will downvote me
    the ones who upvote me hate me ., LOL

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know some people are trolls haha. some just disagree or don't like the way you worded something i guess, so they downvote it. and some people just follow your opinions around and downvote them just to get to you. i've had it happen to me. it's weird lol

• Lol that's really weird. Did you hurt someone's feelings?

• i dont think so xD hahah it was a while ago

• Okay
    This are the reason why you might get downvotes

1. They don't like what you said/ disagree with your post.

2. They dislike you/ haters

3. They know people get sad/ upset.
    So they dislike people options for fun...

That's just a few reasons why.

• The last one sounds fine. I hope it's just that.

• Like not that long ago. I would get downvotes and not just me... Everyone was getting downvotes it was just one guy... They are bored with life and just do it for fun so others would get mad...

Because what other reason to be dislike everyone's opinion? Lol

• maybe he just doesn't like you? That or some people just love to downvote people for the hell of it.

• I hope not, I've never been mean to anyone, at least not anyone I know of.
      They are breaking my heart though.

• Don't worry about them some people just like to hate others for no reason.

• Disagreement

• They don' like or agree with them. that's ok

• it's probably because people don't always agree with others opinions and that could be why people down vote

• Some of my opinions are those opinions you can't disagree with like "Im wearing shoes" who disagrees with such?

• no idea

• Because they disagree?

• No it's like why would someome disagree with me if I said, I'm reading a book on a what are you doing question? What's there to disagree with?