What do you think of a mother who kicks her daughter out of the house on her 18th birthday?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is it because of tough love or what? Either way, a good mother should know whether or not her daughter is ready to move out or not.

• Her mother's a crackwhore and cannot afford much so..

• Then I guess maybe the mother thinks that her daughter is better off without her. In any case, I do hope that her daughter is prepared for it. I moved out when I was 19, but I had helped and I had something going on via work.

What Guys Said 12

• That is not good at all, one thing my mother never forced
    any of us kids out of the house and i really feel bad for a teen
    that a parent does that stuff to so sad :(

• It depends of a lot of things like:
    - the tools she has to leave parenthood, like thing she learnt from her mother
    - the way the mother does that
    - the means she has to live without her parents.
    I think that "kicking" is not the better way, but it's a way like the others.

• insensitive 2 da bone

• Depends how's the daughter obviously... There has to be a sufficient reason.
    Otherwise then YEA, she's a Bad Parent has she doesn't care enough for her child to provide and ensure her needs, just because she doesn't feel obligated to do so anymore...

• If you're doing it for your story, that'll make for quite the interesting story, but do we see it coming?

Otherwise, just an insensitive bitch

• Was the house on fire? If so, well done mummy.

• That's a shitty parent. Being 18 does not automatically mean that you know how to get by on your own.

• She's a not so great mother

• bit hard to say without knowing the circumstances. perhaps there's a really good reason for it - who knows

• giving her a headstart

• Haha, really? You think it's a good idea to do that to the poor daughter? And on her birthday no less..

• maybe it's part of family tradition , maybe she got kicked out too on her 18th birthday

• Haha, that's a Cool idea, thx! :)
      God bless you, dude

• Crazy. I can't even see a mean person doing that, she must be completely out of her mind.

• I guess something happened.

What Girls Said 8

• She's been watching WAY to many videos on other animal moms that kick their babies out of the nest.

media0.giphy.com/media/o9qT6CP4XyICY/200_s.gif

• Hmm doesn't sound nice. But how does the daughter act? Maybe she worked for it? Depends on the situation

• that's not a good parent

• Assuming she gave her daughter warning and it wasn't a spontaneous thing (and a few other things), I'd understand.

• That's bad. In Mexico parents cannot kick their children out of the house before 25. The law protects them. Not sure about other countries.

• kinda mean

• That either the mom or the daughter is terrifingly shitty.

• I wouldn't call her a " mother"