Can someone give me a brief answer to what caused WW1 & WW2 ?

Most Helpful Guy

• ww1 started in 1911. there where too many countries with empires. it ended on 11/11/17. ww2 was the countries wanting to rematch and destroy hitler who was killing jews

• For WW1 what nationalties we're fighting the Germans & the Russians? Same thing for WW2 right ?

• yes, we also dealt with pearl harbor in 1941. ww2 was 1940 to 1947. thanks for mho. I had tons of great great grandparents with brothers and sons and fathers in the service.

What Guys Said 8

• World War I - People developing greater awareness and pride in their ethnic rather than national heritage, balance of power in Europe offsetting, unification of Germany, political instability.

World War II - Germans angry about how they were treated after World War I and Hitler's "master race". Some historians suggest that World War II was just another half of World War I after a 31-year hiatus.

By the way, the person you selected as MHO has their dates INCREDIBLY wrong. World War I lasted from 1914 until 1918.

• World war 1: Imperialism. Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated in 1914. that sparked a lot of anti imperialism across Europe . Plus Germany wanted to keep on growing.
    World War 2: Fascism. Mussolini and Hitler came to prominence in the 1920's. Mussolini was the first Facsist Dictator to take power. In 1933 Hitler was voted in as Furher of Germany. They both wanted to annex other countries to create master races. Italy wanted the Middle East and North Africa. Hitler wanted Europe and The Soviet Union. And Japan wanted the Pacific/Asia. Hitler and Japan also wanted the US later on. The main reason Japan attacked us in 1941 was because we cuff of trade of oil to them

• Ww1 assassination of archduke Franz Ferdinand
    Ww2 Germany invading Poland

• Ww1 a bunch o rich countries thinking they're better than each other and started fighting

Ww2 Germany wanting revenge.

• Ww1 was an unstable system of alliances and WW2 was a Myraid of things like Japan's aggresive imperialism, Germany's surging economy and violent leader, perceived weakness of the Soviet Union. I could go on lol

• Google.

...

• **raises eyebrows**

One does not explain two world wars with a brief answer.

• Well u see Red Skull was behind all of it, then captain America showed up and kicked his but,

What Girls Said 3

• WW1: Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand
    WW2: Italian fascism in the 1920s, Japanese militarism and invasions of China in the 1930s, and especially the political takeover in 1933 of Germany by Hitler and his Nazi Party and its aggressive foreign policy.

• They both happened because your dad forgot to pull out. TWICE. Silly man.

• WW1 trigger was the assassination of Franz Ferdinand which lead to Austria-Hungary declaring war against Serbia

WW2 trigger was Hitler invading Poland leading to both Britian and France declaring war on Germany.