Guys, What is Beauty?

What is Beauty? How do you define it? What does it mean to you?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what type of beauty you're talking about.

Definition: The quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses and is associated with such properties as harmony of form or color, excellence of artistry, truthfulness, and originality.

So, something that gives pleasure to the mind or senses, I could agree with. Physically, that usually means symmetry in bodies and facial structure. Humans are drawn to symmetry in others. That's what we find attractive most of the time, barring irregularities and weird fetishes or abstract desires that develop in some of us due to our experiences.

Beauty of the soul, for lack of a better word, I guess maintains the same principal as the definition: something that gives pleasure or contentedness to your soul.

What beauty means to me. Pleasure. I guess that's it. Something that I enjoy seeing or feeling or doing. I really can't beat the definition. That's what it means to me.

What Guys Said 19

• Beauty is something that is hard to describe and takes your breath away, and is something that is invaluable.

• The first thing that comes up in my mind when I hear/read ''Beauty'' is just ''Girls''.
    And now I think about it. ALL girls have their own way of being beautiful. some can look like a beauty, and some girls have a beautiful personality.
    there are many ways to be beautiful
    Same for guys I guess. but that's up to you. :)

• its rare, this is the first quality of beauty. secondly, its powerful, thirdly, its minority subjective.

• Beauty for one is not necessarily beauty for another.

• That Is why I wounder at the different takes that people have regarding what beauty is to them

• Beauty is the outward representation of the woman I love.

• Something many poets and painters cared about

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder... clich├ęd eh? it is a subjective term... what i call beauty, for you it would be average... beauty is not bounded by stereotypes like blondes, Latino, etc... if I look at someone/something and feel an inexplicable joy, that's beauty for me...

• beauty
    noun
    : the quality of being physically attractive

: the qualities in a person or a thing that give pleasure to the senses or the mind

: a beautiful woman

Source: Merriam webster

• Something that separates a woman from the rest of the crowd. If she stands out from other women and I have a hard time taking my eyes off of her. I know that I've met women were I knew I shouldn't be staring but just couldn't help myself because they were so beautiful.

• The beauty of a woman Is not in the clothes she wears,
    The figure that she carries, Or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes,
    Because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,
    But true beauty in a woman Is reflected in her soul.

It is the caring that she lovingly gives,
    The passion that she shows,
    And the beauty of a woman
    With passing years only grows.

• this is going to sound really fucked up but here it goes:

when me and my friends are talking about "would you hang her?" if she's hot but slutty/bitchy I say yea

if she's pretty but a nice and sweet girl I say no

I can't treat or talk about a beautiful girl like some random attention whoring girl

yea my explanation is so fucked up haha

• Beauty isn't something that can be defined. It's a personal thing that's unique to each person. For me, beauty comes from a combination of personality, humor and ability to carry on a conversation. That, and there's that feeling you get when you're with someone, regardless of looks, that just tells you that there's something beautiful there.

• I'll never understand why women can't take things at face value and need in depth explanation to truly appreciate life.

Beauty is whatever makes me want to have sex with a woman. That's it.

• ETA: I don't believe in 'inner beauty', so when I say "whatever makes me want to have sex with" I mean physically makes me want to.

• That Is why I asked be cause I like to see/hear what others think. Thank you for your comment.

• you are a beauty

• Confidence.

...

• 0|2
  • Skin deep (filler, up)

• big boobs, a slim waist and a big ass.

• Culturally dependent construct describing anything that pleases the eye.