Is it true that ill get thinner when I get older?

I am 13 and chubby, my mom said I dont need to go on a diet because i will get thinner when i get older? Is that true

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. But I don't really know if growing up is the only reason, I think as you get older you also learn what is healthy and what is not. Don't go on a diet, you are still so young! :)

What Guys Said 7

• When yo go through a growth spurt, you can get thinner. But whatever pattern of eating you set for yourself now you will keep and find it hard to change. So if you are heavy it is likely due to overeating and too little exercise. Once you lose the extra weight to a growth spurt there is a good chance you will put it back on.

• Your mom is right listen to her I got real skinny when I hit 14

• That honestly depends on how much excess weight you have.

• Depends on your diet and activities

• Has your mom ever had your thyroid levels checked?

• Yes, it's true.

• All depends on your diet

What Girls Said 8

• Not necessarily. Actually most people stay overweight as adults when they were chubby as a child. Is it recently you gained weight or where you already overweight when you were younger? If it's recent it's mostly hormones and if you eat healthy and do sports there's not much to worry about.

But if not, I advice you to have a good look at your eating habits and pay attention to your weight. If you were a chubby child this means you have developed more fat cells. A team of Swedish researchers has found that humans determine their total number of fat cells in childhood. New cells spring up and old ones perish, but their numbers change little after adolescence. This means that it's harder for those who were ones overweight as a child to keep weight off and it's easier to gain weight as well. It's true for me as well. It's very hard work for me to not gain weight, I work out 5 times a week and eat as healthy as I can and my calorie intake is much lower than what is prescribed for adult women to take in. If I would take in 2000 calories a day I would become overweight.

• It really depends on genes and what happens when you hit puberty. As long as you're eating healthy and get the necessary nutrition that a growing body like yours needs then you'll be fine. If your diet isn't so healthy and your states that you're over weight and need to be more healthy then there may be excess weight that may not fall off when you're older. I was a chubby child before I hit puberty but I ate healthy and was relatively active. I'm 118 lbs and 5'2" now. I know what you're feeling but if you do everything that I listed above then you have nothing to worry about. Your mom is probably right

• It's kinda true. Your body will get in shape by time. You are just developing. You need nutrition actually. Just don't eat fast food and junk food. Try to eat healthy. You will be alright.

• I was kinda chubby at that age and then bam, I lost a ton of weight. I think it's just cause I waa growing up and what not.

• Possibly. Could depend on your genes. I was a twig and one day puberty hit and I gained a little weight. You could either lose weight or gain it. Either way, you never know. I don't think it's something to stress over though. :P

• Not really true but not necessarily a lie.
    You're still growing and that could even out but you still need to take care of your body by eating and exercising

• It's trueeeee

• You'r mum's right. but you won't get thinner when you get older.. it just depends on your diet
    just make a slight change in your daily meal like if you eat one full plate of rice , Half it. :)

• Her mum said she will get thinner when she gets older. You said her mus is right but she won't get thinner when she gets older. How can it be both ways?

• Her mum's right because she said that she will get thinner when she will go on diet but this is wrong that when she will get older she will be thinner by her self.