Girls, Is my girlfriends dad wrong to do this? Is this assault?

For the last 2 weeks, me and my girlfriend's family have been having issues. We haven't been getting along.

I have been trying so hard to make things right. But every time i get annoyed or angry, my girlfriend's dad grabs me and restrains me with a lot of force and pulls me across the house away from the rest of her family or pulls me to the door and makes me leave the house? He keeps doing this over and over again

Is he wrong to do this? Is this assault?

• Yes he is wrong to do this, it is assault
    46% (23)
  • He is wrong to do this, but it is not assault
    42% (21)
  • No he is not wrong to do this, it is ok
    12% (6)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

19

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you live with them?

• We are on vacation right now. Have been for the last week and will be for another 2 weeks

• Well I told you what to do to fix it.

• Ya im going to

What Girls Said 18

• Well how angry are you getting? Standing up and yelling? Are you in his house? He has every right to kick you out if he thinks you're being threatening. Especially to his family and daughter. And if he needs to use force to get you away from his family and out of his house then that's what he needs to do.

• I think he's trying to defend his daughter, but it's not actually assault. He isn't hitting you and you're on his property so he can make you leave.

But he seems irrational. Getting annoyed/angry isn't a reason for him to do those actions. And your girl doesn't stop him? That's pathetic if so.

I would break up with her and stop going over there.

• It comes down to this. You are an adult. You have the right the leave. If someone is trying to stop you from leaving, they are holding you against your will. Call the police! Explain how you have tried to leave, but they have stopped you. The police will at least get you out of that house.

• If you're in their house when it is happening and he is getting you to leave then it is him defending his home. If he did it in public or didn't ask you to leave then it would be.

• My Dad would only throw someone out of the house if the person, any person, is threatening or harming someone.

You didn't give much details as to your description on your actions of when you get angry or annoyed or both. If it was just like a mild expression of anger such as making it known you were angry in a non-aggressive tone, then yea it's wrong of her Dad to do that. If you were swinging a bat around violently, then no her Dad isn't in the wrong.

• It's clearly assault but when you get annoyed and angry what do you do, do you become violent and start shouting?
    Why would he restrain and treat you like that, there must be a reason for him to be behaving like that

• Get out of there.
    Break up with the girl.
    Take a vacation. (And by that I mean take some time to digest all this).
    Find a new girl.

In that order.

• This is considered assault. He is trying to protect his daughter, but he shouldn't be so rough. Talk to him about it or someone you trust.

• Well I think you should find some other girl and the best part in your relationship is that her parents know u but they are reacting wrong.
    And it might be dat u did something wrong dat dey dislike u because of

• Ok what happenes when you get annoyed or angry?

• It's his place. He may argue and say you did something for him to react that way. It may be his kind of personal defense system. Just keep in mind that when you marry someone you are in a way also marrying her family.

• He's not allowed to touch you like that. It's assault.

• He is performing battery.

• Yes he is wrong to do this, it is assault but do you do something dangerous when annoyed and angry?

• I guess if you're in HIS house, he kind of has a right to do it if he wants to, but he certainly shouldn't. You should probably confront your girlfriend (or even him) about it, just to solve it once and for all.

• Well I can't say for sure because I don't know what you have done to get that in return. But if you haven't done anything note worthy I would think it is stupid to keep dragging you out especially when your girlfriend is right there.

• HIS house
    HIS family
    HIS rules
    Repeat offender is YOU

Obviously the solution is for YOU to shop for another GF/family - this doesn't work & why go through such emotional break downs when another family WILL BE the better fit? This is NOT a blame on you, we all have our allergies and breaking points (like this situation repeatedly) but also have our oasis and pleasure places, so go seek the latter and never expose yourself to the former ever again. Quit cold turkey - the end.

• Are you threatening people when you get annoyed or angry?

• Nope. I just get angry because they are treating me so badly even though i am doing everything to make it right. If i get angry i will angrily say "this is not right i am doing everything i can to make things right yet you are still treating me so badly." and he will grab me and pull me across the house.

• Nothing

• Is she scared of him or does she just not care?