Are upvotes and downvotes actually doing something?

Do they influence the MHO or something like this? 😂

0|0
6|7

Most Helpful Girl

• I *think* the number of upvotes affects the system selected MHO, but I'm really not 100% sure on that one.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

"Why did the system choose a Most Helpful Opinion (MHO) for me?

If, after 30 days, you haven't chosen and selected a Most Helpful opinion, one will automatically be chosen for you.
    Neither the Question Asker nor the user awarded Most Helpful will get Xper points for these automatic selections.
    It's chosen based on engagement: votes, comments, length, time, xper level, gender, among other criteria. As long as you're giving helpful opinions, we'll find them!"

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I heard a rumor that the more downvotes you have teh more likely you are going to hell but I don't usually listen to hearsay.

2|0
    0|0
  • No longer: in ye olde times they gave you an experpoint. But that's long ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hope not

0|0
    0|0
  • No they won 't do a shit LOL

0|0
    0|1
  • Nah, it is just silent approval and disapproval.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really no... sometimes people like that others do agree with their point of view

0|0
    0|0
  • Popularity contest.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No, up votes and down votes don't do anything. They are simply a way of expressing agreement or disagreement with a person's opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they do nothing except show if people like or dislike.

0|1
    0|0
  • They don't affect anything lol. It should affect your experience though, it'll force people (who care) to give better/smarter opinions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I pick as a mho the one with the most upvotes but I usually pick the opinion I liked better.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not in the slightest.

0|0
    0|0