Is not being a drinker a factor on dating nowadays?

Ok so i used to be a social drinker few years back like once a week mostly saturdays a beer or 2 tops.. until last year on a drs check up they found i have a fatty liver ofcoursei know its not because of the alcohol probably something else but the dr. s said i needed to give up drinking for few weeksprobably thought was a daily drinker) which i did but then just decided to give up alcohol completely and things have changed drastically lost few friends due to being sober but what surprises me the most its the dating scene.. I've gotten on a few dates and usually that conversation comes along about drinking and when i say i dont drink women usually get either that shock look on their face or i can see their facial expression change completely they get quiet or look at me as if im boring all sudden and i dont get it even with a few have spoken online seem to blow me off if i mention im no drinker.. now im not judgmental I've always tell em i respect if they drink or do as they like etc but that doesn't change anything.. so begs me to question if alcohol has now become a deal breaker when it comes to dating? what are you guys and ladies opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I respect people's choices. As long as you don't start lecturing people who choose differently I don't see a problem. I'm a vegetarian but not like those who would never date a meateater. It's my personal choice to not eat meat.

• Yes that's pretty much what i do i always let them know if you drink it's cool i used to myself etc but they just still blow me off i don't understand it hehe thank you for you honest opinion

What Girls Said 2

• I don't drink a lot because it make you fat but I do drink. I don't care if my partner doesn't. In fact some women might like that because they'll see you as a designated driver

• you got a good point there hahaha thanks for your opinion

• I'm usually surprised in my age group if guys tell me they don't drink, but it isn't a real factor I consider or let have a bearing. I guess it depends on the lifestyle of the person you're meeting and wether the fact you don't would lead you to be excluded from stuff they do.

What Guys Said 3

• In my age range, not drinking is like a sin. I don't do it a lot, I like a few casual drinks with friends, but I'm always the sober one when we all go home. I don't like not being in control, that brings both advantages and disadvantages to life. But to answer the question, I don't mind people who drink, I just prefer people who don't need it to get along.

• It can be but dam if that's important to a date then you guys might have different priorities in life lol

• I am now two years sober and wonder that myself.