Have you ever heard of Peter Pan syndrome?

I'm pretty sure my ex has Peter Pan syndrome. He has shown many of the traits to this. I'm just wondering if anyone has had to deal with this with someone you know and how did you get them the therapy or the counciling needed? Did they eventually started getting better?
http://www.beaumontpsych.com/peter-pan-syndrome.htm

There is a link to read up on this if you don't know what it is.

Just so everyone has an understanding this isn't a man bashing question. PPS goes much deeper then common flaws or immature behaviours. I loved him and still do I always accepted him for everything he was. I never tried to change him, I love him unconditionally flaws and all. I have always been willing to work with him to get through the hard times. He just always run when things are rough, jumping to relationship to relationship which is one if the signs of PPS This is a real thing like anxiety

Most Helpful Guy

• I think peter pan syndrome is bullshit. Maybe what you were offering was not worth him "growing up"

• All im reading is blah blah blah men not paying attention to me blah blah blah. Mgtow buddy

• @dudeman yeah they want to "change" the guy ignoring all common sense, instead of finding a guy from a good family who's mentally sound they go for the wack-jobs and have kids with them (nevermind if this is good for the kids or not). Either way I find it funny that someone can have this "aha" moment and be like that's it! Yes! You have Peter Pan syndrome... yeah ok and I'm captain hook

• Please I came asking a serious question not to be insulted.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, it seems to be more and more common these days. I've known a couple of cases of this (at least, to my untrained eye) recently.

NO, without help, people get WORSE, not better!

• Do you know anyone who got help and showed improvement? My ex isn't a bad person but believe he could really use some therapy.

• Yes, this condition gets better when someone shows you what is going on in your life. That's what a professional is SUPPOSED to do for you.. and in this case, it really helps.

• i wanna feel like a kid always... do i have PPS?

• I'm sure many guys can kind of fit into a few of the vast amount of things that are in that article that describe PPS.

What traits specifically has he shown? This is based on your observation? How long have you known him? Please tell me you grew up together?

• He pretty much has every trait, his whole family agrees. I have known him for 7years. Everyone felt he had something wrong with him but no one knew what that was until now. I'm generally asking a serious question and so far I haven't one person give a good answer or take me seriously.

• Well it's a good thing this guy came up with the Peter Pan syndrome otherwise you'd all still be in the dark as to what's wrong with him.

What is his opinion? Can you sit him down and see if he agrees with the "symptoms" of PPS?

I think I should come up with my own syndrome too, I call Cinderella syndrome or CS for short. It's basically behavior that girls exhibit when they've feel uglier or unworthy as compared to other girls (like their sisters) and constantly need the attention and "approval" of men to justify their self-worth.

See how easy it is to come up with a thing? How many people have CS you think? LOL! should I write a book? Anyone here know a publisher?

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_psychology

According to Fried and Schultis, criteria for a good self-help book include "claims made by the author as to the book's efficacy, the presentation of problem-solving strategies based on scientific evidence and professional experience, the author's credentials and professional experience, and the inclusion of a bibliography."[6]

Three potential dangers of self-help books are:[7]

-people may falsely label themselves as psychologically disturbed;
      -people may misdiagnose themselves and use material that deals with the wrong problem;
      -people may not be able to evaluate a program and may select an ineffective one;

• I've heard of it!

• Sounds like most of the men/boys on GAG...

• so he doesn't share your morals? ok.

• what? he's just a dude... everyone has their flaws if you don't like his move on don't you dare try to change him even if he is an idiot

• Michael Jackson had this but if u find him lurking in a ball pool full of kids in funderland then this a different syndrome maybe call the cops.

• Meh, I'm a child in a man's body but I keep up with adult responsibilities because I'd be fucked if I didn't. I don't think counselling is necessary.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes it's pretty common amongst my demo.

• Its not pps its women were sluts when younger and in turn men decided they are not worth the effort. All a guy needa is beer a video game system and internet. That would honestly make most men perfectly happy.

• AlsoqI video game problem is only determined by the gamer. It may be a problem to you but if he's happy with it then its not a problem

• Okay Dude.