Why is hair color important to some people (guys and girls)?

I know hair color doesn't matter to a lot of people. But for those of you it matters to, why is it important? I'm not having a go, this is just a genuine question. Because hair can be dyed and changed at the drop of a hat so what's the big deal? Why is hair color at the top of your 'type' list?

Most Helpful Guy

• Different people have different types and usually are quite individual in their tastes. I don't think anyone truly knows why they pick certain people to be their type.

What Guys Said 2

• I think natural is almost always the best. I don't care when people try new things and honestly I dont care much at all about hair color :S I never thought I would be dating a redhead but here I am haha

• Well... it just compliments your looks in one way or another.

• but some people specifically say they prefer brunettes or blondes or whatever... if their hair compliments their looks then isn't that enough? why does it have to be a specific color?

• nope. not that important of a thing

What Girls Said 1

• I have no clue. It is not important to me.