How addicted are you to video games?

Do you get angry if anyone tries to make you cut down on the amount of time you spend on playing video games?

Any good game suggestions for not so skilled players?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I take my addiction without comparing it to the rest of the gamers, I'm kind of an addict. If I take it alone, without comparing myself to others, then I'm very addicted. And yes, I get angry when people tell me games are for kids or stupid stuff like that. Horror videogames, adventure games, or role playing games (RPGs) would be good for a start. Some good titles are: Silent Hill, Alan Wake, Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Diablo 3. Don't get too frustrated if you can't get a hang of the controls early on: most guys have been playing since we were little kids; practice will make you good. I play tons of videogames, and I give a few fighting games particular attention. Those require higher execution, though. They will test your reflexes, and that's not something you get overnight. If you want to give them a try, I can give you many tips. You can private message me if you have any doubts, or want me to give you some coaching.

What Guys Said 13

• Addicted, no. I like to play about 45 mins every day or every other.

And it depends on what games you like. Do you like first person shooters? Then games like Call of Duty are obvious choices. Third person adventure type games? Try Resident Evil or Assassin's Creed.

• not much. im more addicted to a punching bag and my motorcycle.

• Not so much anymore now, but I've spent thousands of hours (quite literally) in games like Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2.

As for getting good.. Set yourself achievable goals and just practise :)

• I don't play them at all

• not much anymore... i have 2 play some game for 1 month or so :)

• I have a cyclical rise and fall in regards to how much time I spend. Some months I'll go days without playing others I'll plug away 8 hour if I don't have other stuff to do.

Good question though

• Does your eye not hurt? :p Do you feel guilty afterwards?

• Eyes, no. As of guilt, not much. I used to, but with age I learned to separate the want & need. As odd as it is, it was a small revelation to myself that I didn't need to progress that night, and that it will be waiting for me tomorrow.

• Cool :D

• I was a master at Pac-man.

• got over my VGames addiction 10 years ago

• Do you think it will come back if you start playing again?

• nope im not a relapse person

• I rarely paly video games because of schoolwork.

• I do not play it.

• Not very much at all, but I like them.

• I've been working off and on putting together a mod for Command & Conquer: Generals which may or may not eventually be released (currently looking for voice work from fluent Arabic speakers of both genders and someone familiar with modeling in GMax), but that's about it.

• way too addicted. esports srs bsns. the money is.. okayish.

• Hey, why did you go anon for this? Just curious..:)

• no need for fanboys here, got plenty of them already :D

• Lol :p

What Girls Said 7

• 0% addicted cause I don't play

• Not addicted anymore. Adult world pretty much took over my time.

• I'm not addicted at all. But they're fun.

• not addicted, haven't played in years

• Depending on the game. Like, Sims, I'll play that non stop.

• I keep hearing about Sims but have never tried it..

Is it a PC game?

• Is on about every system. But, PC is better in my opinion.

• I don't have much time to spend playing video games in order to be addicted to them.

• Apparently I'm addicted to Civ V. I thought I'd try it for a bit... Steam says I've logged around 300 hours on that one game, so...

RPGs are fairly easy, and you can change the settings to Easy Mode if you wanted. :)