I always see these people like walking barefoot in the streets, is it sanitary?

I dont know how dangerous it can be, but im always seeing these people walking barefoot in the street, i know that its normal in some countries like New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, etc.
Would you go barefoot in the streets?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol unless you step on glass or something, your probably not going to be hurt from walking barefoot, it's just not usually socially acceptable. On the places you named, it is more acceptable because of the warm weather, plus a lot of people surf/go to the beach so more often than not they don't need shoes.

What Girls Said 10

• I've done it. It definitely beats having sweaty sneaker feet. But if you do it, make sure to friggin wash your feet at the end of the day or when going into your house. It is gross if you think about it and unsanitary I suppose, but I haven't caught any disease. Touching a door handle s disgusting and unsanitary but I bet you don't immediately wash your hands afterwards.

• That's really gross and kinda dangerous they need to be wearing shoes. They could get bacteria of the foot

• In a large city? Never. In a small village or somewhere in nature? Why not? I mean. You are afraid of broken glass and sharp stones. So what if there are bacteria and stuff - you have skin to protect you...

• i live in Australia and i don't consider it normal haha, i don't see it often but when i do see someone walking barefoot i think it's gross

• I go barefoot outside all the time. I love going barefoot.

My feet are washable if they get dirty.

• It's unsanitary, what if they step on animal faeces? What if they step on something sharp and cut their foot? They could easily get infected.

• I've never seen people walk barefoot in Australia, except on the beach. Or maybe perhaps where I'm living there isn't people doing i.

• I've been living in Australia for quite some time but I've never seen anyone walking barefooted.

• I go barefoot, not to walk long distances but around my local area.

• Really? I have never seen people walking barefoot here.