When you potty on a plane where does the waste go?

Im curious. ._.

Most Helpful Guy

• It goes into a holding tank. That tank is then pumped out and transported to a facility to get ride of the waste. Sometimes they can spring a leak and drop waste from the sky but its uncommon.

What Guys Said 8

• Rest assured, they do not just dump it onto unsuspecting people below.

There is actually a waste container on board the plane which stores it until the plane lands again.

• whatsup with airline food?

www.destructoid.com/.../...AirlineFoodjpg-620x.jpg

THATS whatsup with airline food jerry

• I hate the atmosphere.. If the poop didn't disintegrate before it hit the ground I'd take laxatives so I can shit on people as we fly over.. That would be amazing.

• Omg what funny answers, I hope no one is believing the dumb ones. It stays in tanks and is treated, the only time it falls is if there is leak and it freezes right away and breaks off, that's the only time it's a blue ice meteor. The temperature drops 3 degrees for every thousand feet, so you can you imagine how cold it is up there at 35,000 feet

• They eject it out of the plane, at that height it freezes and disintegrates before it even comes close to hitting the ground.

• There's a small hatch on the bottom of the plane where it's released. Because planes fly so high up, the poo burns up on reentry into the atmosphere like meteors.

• If you fly overseas I think it drops. Since it will go in the sea and most of it will evaporate by the time it get's down... If not, then small plains will likely have a large compartment... It Ain't pretty to think about but I think this his it.

• This nothing but a MYTH! It goes into a chamber which is emptied on the ground. Even if the pilot and flight attendants wanted to empty a tank midflight, they couldn't, as the valve is located on the outside of the plane, and can only be opened by the ground crew.

• Just imagine the environmental outcry from that!

• they use it as fuel for the plane and sometime if they got them in excess they recycle it and make a desert for your meal

What Girls Said 7

• There's a holding tank that gets emptied every time you land.

• That only happens in movies.

• There is a container that is emptied and cleaned everytime the plane is on the ground, along with the refueling, the check up, and the catering refilling.

• There's a tank that holds the waste that gets dumped in between landings.

• THINGS I NEVER THINK ABOUT LOL

• It releases in the air. You never heard the story about the poop that crashed through a ladies roof. ?

• lmao. I thought it went into the sea or somewhere there because when I flush the toilet bowl there's always slight breeze or something like that (dont know how to explain) kissing my ass,