When people ask a question on GAG and say I'm not trying to start trouble. Do you believe that?

Often I will see questions like .
Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
Do you believe in God?
Are you a Conservative or a Liberal?
Gay marriage for it or against it?

People who ask these questions often add "I'm not trying to start trouble." or "Please no drama."
How many of them do you think mean that? How many do you think are just asking because they are curious and how many are trying to start drama and trouble?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• I think most are stirrers of the pot, but there are some people who really want to have some intelligent conversation on controversial topics, so don't look at all of them as alike.

• That is a definitely a troll alert

• I assume they don't mean it sometimes. Just because you'd think they know that there's no way to avoid the "drama"

• I think people like that have a lot of courage, because they are often people who have strongly dissenting opinions on such issues, in comparison to most on GAG.

• they want to ask a touchy subject, knowing that it will cause a flame war. Saying "No drama" really does nothing. Humans don't know order.

• The funny thing is I literally just asked a question like that. I tried to stop the trolls by not allowing anonymous posting. I like debating sometimes as long as it doesn't escalate into insulting and arguing.

• Any question that begins it stuff like "I'm not racist... but"
    is just bad news written all over it

• No, I really don't

What Girls Said 3

• I don't really pay much attention to disclaimer.

I answer if I am comfortable and choose my words carefully so as not to trigger someone else's alarm (some saying like that...)

• I've noticed that only half the people who tack on that phrase actually mean it. Either way, such questions almost always go down hill since religion and politics shape a person's worldview more than anything.

• most of them ask those specific questions for a reason because it does causes drama and it does stirs the pot