How do I get out of a gang without being beat up or killed?

I only joined because my best friend joined. I was walking home from the gas station and these dudes come jumping out a car and I saw one had a gun so I hauled ass. He started shooting and I jumped over a gate into a random yard. I hid on the patio behind this mat thing. They all looked and then left. I waited about 15 minutes before i left. This was all yesterday. This dude I talk to told me they looking for me because I'm fucking around with some member's girl and then they found out that I'm part of the gang. When I went to my home boy's house we started talking and he told me I needed to get a gun. I told him, I ain't want no part of this anymore and he said "you gonna get killed if you try to leave." I went back home and my momma told me the girl I was messing with came and was looking for me and she came with a group of dudes. I don't want no part of this shit. I didn't know it was going to be this serious.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure there are gang intervention programs. Google search "gang intervention program". You could call the police and maybe they can direct you to a councilor, maybe an ex-gangmember that can advise how to diffuse the situation.

My idea: Skip town. If your life is in danger, you might not get a second chance if you fuck this up. You're better off being a homeless bum in the sticks than being dead in the ghetto. Maybe if you disappear unexpectedly, the members in the rival gang will just assume that you are dead. If they think the problem is solved, those that were just looking for an excuse to be violent will have to find another excuse.

What Girls Said 4

• Why did you join in the first place, fucktard? This is why so many teenage boys are losing their lives, because of these stupid gangs. They try to join thinking it's cool to sag, threaten people, and walk in a group thinking they're supposed to run something. Ughh, I despise of people like you :/

• You joined a gang and didn't realize it was going to be serious? Don't make me laugh, my dog is trying to sleep.

• Contact the police. Or someone who can give you better advice. ?

Honestly, I have no idea who would be the best person/group to contact.

Also, how serious is the gang. If you guys are just saying 'We're a gang' then walk away and lay low for a while. Cut off ties with her. Etc. But if it's serious, I can't give you much advice.

• If he does that he's even more fucked.

• It really does and it's really hard to escape those types of situations. Luckily for me my parent's before their divorce got me and my brother out of that type of area. I still miss where I came from because of my family, and old friends, and the interesting places you go to, but I do not miss the gang violence, drive by's, and night shootings.

• I'm glad you got out. My neighborhood isn't full of gangs but it can be a rough place to live and there were two murders in the last ten years within one block of my house. It's no where near as bad as some of the worst neighborhoods but that stuff is toxic.

• One does not simply jump out of a gang without getting their ass beat... or worse.

What Guys Said 6

• Pack your bags and move out of the city, go live with a realative.

• There are programs operated through police and federal government agencies that help get people out of gangs. Also of you do an internet search for churches there are pastors that specialize in this type of thing as some of them are actually former gang members themselves. You need to contact the gang task force at a law enforcement agency so they can point you in the right direction. For the time being do an internet search for other programs.

• call the police and learn to use a weapon.

• It's really hard to leave once you're in. I've even heard people who went to the police for protection and still got killed. You're better off just moving far away and don't tell anyone. Friends, no one

• Get into the military ASAP and never go back to that area.

• Take the beating.