Is it to early for me to think about college?

Hello, I'm a freshman in early college. I was thinking about what future I want for myself and what I want do in life. Is it wrong or weird for me to think this way? Most kids my age don't even think about being financially stable or having good credit but I do.. I always worry about my grades, my family and stuff. Never friends though... I'm mostly an outsider compared to to the rest of my freshman class... Is there something wrong with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that it is perfectly normal for you to be thinking so far ahead. I remember I was like that when I was in high school. Although the reason why I thought of stuff like that so early is because I went through a lot early on that exposed me to the real world and how it works. It was because of all of those experiences that lead me to start thinking so much about my future. I don't know what kind of background/experiences you've had but even if you didn't go through hardships like me it is still all right to think like this. I believe that it shows a sign of maturity within you and that you actually think for yourself. I always considered myself an outsider during school because I felt like the people around me didn't have the same thoughts as me but then I came to the conclusion that something usually has to happen to you in order to think like this and I assumed that what happened to me did not happen to the rest of my peers. Anyways, never think that there is something wrong with you just because you don't think like the rest of the crowd. In fact you should pride yourself for thinking outside of the popular belief because not everyone can do so. If you ever feel like you need some advice on how to deal with to deal with this subject feel free to DM me because I wouldn't want you to go through the same struggles that I went through when I had those same thoughts.

What Guys Said 4

• Nothing wrong with it but don't obsess it

• No there is nothing wrong with you. You sound very mature for your age. You may not worry about friends, but you at least have some close ones right?

• No not really I don't have any friends... just guys who try to get on my last nerves... or flirt with me even though I'm not interested...

• It's never too early to think about the future and your dreams. I think it's smart of you.

• no. nothing wrong with you. are you taking any sports?

What Girls Said 1

• The beginning of college/high school is the perfect time to start to thinking about uni. Your grades now affect what sort of scholarships you'll be eligible for later.