Can I legally move to Cuba?

Next year when I turn 18, I want to move there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Visas in Cuba are generally short-term.

The only way you can become a permanent resident is if you marry a Cuban citizen.

Tourists visas are easy enough you just need to sort it out with a Cuban Consulate... if you can find one... and if you're not American.

Business visas are tougher , they lasts for 3 months and you'd need to provide details of business contact in Cuba and a letter of invitation from Cuban company.

Work visas , you do it via the Cuban Ministry of Work and Social Security tho good luck finding a job competing against the locals.

Student visas , are not that different from applying for a visa to any other nation.

Good luck.
    Immigration is HARD LOL

What Guys Said 7

• US people can't even legally TRAVEL to Cuba, except as part of a research delegation or something similar.

Otherwise, I don't think there would be a problem aside from the usual requirements for permanent residence most countries have: a reliable income, for example.

• If you are an American the chances of you going to prison within 10 days is very high. Where would you rent a place to stay. Cuba is not a place that tolorates the way American little girls think. Prostitution my be your only employment option.

• For a US citizen, it would be difficult

• no, you cannot. Why would you move there. Their economy is in shambles.

• Haha. People are trying to escape cuba in boats made of banana boats and u want to move there lmao

• yes. But good luck with that.

• somewhat difficult

What Girls Said 1

• The last time I was in Cuba, there was a house for sale right on the ocean.

The things I would do to be able to live there.