Cannabis Vs Alcohol?

In Jan 2011 I was diagnozed with brain cancer. I spent the better half of two years fighting this disease going from one doctor to the next. I was on chemotherapy for 1.5 years. It did not help. The medical aid run out and my credit cards all maxed out. Then in Oct 2012 by accident I read an article on Cannabis that cures cancer. I was desperate at that time. So I did a google search on it. I was dumbfounded at the vast amount of information available. Also so many many testomonies on youtube of people that got cured from cancer using medicinal cannabis. The more I read about it the more excited I got. I was at my last shread of hope. After torough research for week I decided to give it a try. I started using cannabis oil that I concocted myself after reading some articles on the web. I decided to always take it oraly cause I hate the idea of smoke in my lungs. I took it very carfully and sure I got a bit high (and happy). I did not know how much or how often I should use it. So I erred on the safe side. After 3 months I went for a follow up scan. The cancer has reduced by ± 70%. After another 3 months it was gone completely. Today I have no doubt as to what cured me. During my use of cannabis I also discovered the "pleasurable" side of this drug. I am under no disillusion that any drug or substance that has an effect on the mind goes with certain risks. But I started to wonder, why is it so easy to obtain alcohol which has apparently no or very limited health benifits but so many neagatives effects to the human body, while cannabis remain illegal? There are speculations that big phamacuticle companies have their fingers in the legal system. One can imagine how their revenu would drop if an everyday plant can be used to cure a myraid of illnesses. I don't have the space here to itterate what I have learned over the last 3.5 years, so I would like to invite you to do some research for yourself. And then I would like to ask you this que

• I would use Cannabis
  • I would stick to Alcohol
Sorry my question got cut off. My question is, would you consider Cannabis for recreational or medical use if it were made legal?

Most Helpful Girl

• If this story is real then that's awesome. I've heard of people shrinking cancer tumors by making really drastic diet changes... I really like alternative views on curing diseases. I think it's totally different to use something medically than it is to use recreationally. I've met people who have smoked weed who had severe side effects, but they used so much of it! So to answer. I wouldn't pick either for myself to use recreationally, except I might sip alcohol.

Also, to answer your second question I think that's all due to money. Bars make lots of money from alcohol sales, and drug dealers make lots of money from weed. it's all a part of the economy!

What Girls Said 8

• I don't drink, and I don't have a desire or want to use any cannabis product.

Medical research would have to be done to back up what you're saying before I took any of that as truth.

• I wouldn't use it, even if it was made legal. I don't want to harm my brain or lungs. It's up to others what they do, but my choice would be to steer clear of it.

• I seriously don't think cannabis is bad at all. I have never heard of anyone overdosing on weed or getting into a car accident because of it or really anything bad to it other than it being a "gateway drug". I don't buy that bullshit either because the people who do smoke and take other drug were gonna do that whether they smoked pot or not. I use it for recreational use and it hasn't bothered me. I'm not addicted either. All it does is make you happy and make you wanna eat everything in sight. The only bad thing is probably having to watch what you eat. I think the world would be a better place with it for both recreational use and for medicinal use!

• Well there is evidence to suggest a huge benefit for the use of cannabis in medicine. Especially with helping those going through chemo to battle the sickness and lack of appetite.

I think it will eventually have to legalised in one form or another, it just has to. It's a no brainer. The people who campaign against cannabis usually have no fucking idea about how it effects people.

• I would use weed. I'm sorry about your illness...

• Because people are ignorant and rather believe cannabis is evil.

• I am acually allergic to it it causes my throat to swell and I cough up blood but that's believed to be because my mo took every drug imaginable while pregnant with me.

• Both are not good unless you're forced to take jt

What Guys Said 4

• There is NO evidence that cannabis cures cancer. These tests have been going on for years. It can help reduce pain and effects of chemotherapy but that is all that has been confirmed.

If you have truly been "cured" of cancer by cannabis. You could make a lot of money off this. And take care of your maxed out CC's.
    You have discovered what no-one in the medical field can.
    I don't care if you want pot legalized. But do you have to write a story with complete and total BS, just to try and make a point?

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was a copy and paste from one of the articles you read.

• If cancer could be cured that easily it would be known in the medical world.
    My best guesses about this would be a wrong cancer diagnosis at the start, or normal previous treatment working with a delay.

Of course, it can also be a 100% hoax to promote weed. It wouldn't be the first.

• Cannabis is healthier actually

• Isn't medical cannabis legal in most states?