How can I have a more positive outlook in life?

I always look at things differently and end up being sad because of my pessimistic characteristic.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the best thing that you can do is count your blessings, hunt the good stuff, whatever you want to call it. Each day, before you go to bed, spend some time - maybe 15-20 minutes - reflecting on the day. No cell phone, no computer, no TV, nothing. Just you and a journal. Think about things that happened throughout the day and identify good things that happened; someone holding a door for you, a kind word from a family or friend or coworker, etc. Why will this help? You've probably heard that the best predictor of the future is the past, right?

If you can't think of anything though (which you won't not be able to?), just the fact that you're alive, tomorrow is another day, and you have another opportunity then to find good things in your life.

What Guys Said 4

• By thinking positively- Seriously it might be hard at first but you'll eventually get use to it and it'll be normal for you goodluck- start now this is the easiest way to start... What do you love about your life right now? What are you greatful for and all these questions could be anything at all even if it sounds silly

• think positive, but also be realistic
    Don't expect miracles, but there are things that you can accomplish

• Don't be an optimist, be a realist.

What Girls Said 1

• Cognitive behavioral therapy can help change your thought pattern.