Is there a reason women have big butts?

I know not all girls have big butts but it seems women jus. Naturally have nice big ones. Is there biological reason for this.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a fat reserve in case of famine.

• Nice hahaha so kinda of like a camel

What Girls Said 9

• fat reserve in c as of famine... so babies breast feeding or in utero won't starve.

• It's just fat. Fat women have big butts. There's your reason

• There seems to have been an evolutionary trend in which females with bigger butts were favored. So, their big booty genes were passed on more. The same principle applies to human's large breast size and penis size.

• I run, do yoga and lift/tone otherwise it would be flat as hell cause I'm white.

• Because they have wide hips (to facilitate childbirth), so there's a natural fat distribution in that area.

• I am assuming genetics

• I guess it's genetics. I have a big butt and, I get it from my mum.

• Some guys have great big ass's too. It's not just girls.

• So they can birth children. Wider hips generally equal easier child birthing

• Oh, you meant fat. I'm sorry. It's for children still.

What Guys Said 8

• it’s the same reason that when guys go through puberty they develop broader shoulders, more muscles and get taller. It’s to be more attractive to the opposite sex. Just like a ladies develops a nicely shaped but, her body gets curvy and her boobs get bigger. his happens in the animal kingdom as well, like how male turkeys get that big cool looking fan of feathers and lions get their manes, its all to attract the opposite sex.

• Women have wider hips for childbearing, which leads to a lot of differences in that area. For example, women's hips sway more than men's do when walking because their femur can't rotate straight, and they need to tilt their hips to step. Butts are important for walking and running upright, which were very important in human evolution. And so that's just how evolution played out with those subtle differences.

• Genetics and estrogen bro

• Yeah called fat distribution

• Because it stops blokes from lying, of which you cannot deny. You see, when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in their face they get sprung.

• Women have big butts because they attract men And make sex and child birth easier

• Stronger leg muscle for giving birth, that's for sure

• The fat distribution is different from the males and the females. Guy's fat goes right for the belly and various other places, and (usually) the fat for women goes to the breasts and butt, and various other areas. It's mainly fat storage.