How many of you felt like leaving gag?

I tried to be civil, but all I get is cyberbullying when I try to speak on interesteresting topics. I just recently posted an article that left me feeling hated, rejected, and unloved. People stereotype me, people attack me, people always speak ill of me. I hate it. I feel like giving up. No one loves me, nor apperciates my words. I'm giving up and might be leaving GAg. I hope your happy, everyone. You've made me mad and upset.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have felt like leaving GAG. For the same reasons you do. All I try to do is be nice on this site. I am sorry you feel this way I know exactly how you feel as I experience it to. If you want to chat about it I am more than happy to listen to you. :)

What Guys Said 25

• I have thought about taking a break before, but it wasn't because I was unable to process the opinions of others.

Technically, disagreeing with your views isn't exactly "cyber bullying". You did post that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry because some Christian people were fined for pointing to their holy book while rejecting service to two people who were getting wed, saying "oh, Christians should have the right to persecute minorities if it doesn't match what their parents told them to believe". By that same type of argument, I could claim it was a mistake that women can get driving licenses because this is against the law of sharia. This claim is equally unreasonable, and equally immature from a socialization standpoint.

The worst thing I saw there was people telling you you are a bigot. Considering you were just as well calling others bigots for disagreeing with you, all I can say is that GAG is often a mirror. If you ask and answer with hostility, people will get mad at you, and retaliate.

• You don't speak about interesting topics. You try to promote this ridiculous idea that by allowing gays to marry, we're one step closer to accepting bestiality and pedophilia as the norm. And that by allowing them to marry as well as adopt, we're giving them "special rights".

This isn't the first thing you've cried about feeling "tormented, hated, and worthless" by us (even though all we've done is prove you wrong again and again), and you've claimed that you were gonna leave GAG. Yet you're still here, crying.

Either actually do what you say you're gonna do and leave, or start growing a thicker skin.

• Some people don't know how to disagree without attack another, while others don't know how to accept that people do not have to agree with their views.

Welcome to the internet, please take everything said with a grain of salt.

• Well you kinda did a Take about how the US will get screwed up if the Supreme Court allows homosexuals to marry, so that kinda leaves a shitty image about you.
    Honestly, if you leave, I won't cry about it.

• I guess Gag is only here to ask sexpot questions.

• I just want to be persevered of my rights to disobey and to politely disagree.

• Like I said, you have the rights to say whatever you want, to give your own opinion, but others have also the right to disagree with you.

• Well you post some of the most controversial stuff one could come up with. You need to have a thicker skin and have the expectation that a lot of people are going to disagree with your views

• As a fellow Christian I dont always agree with your points of view or beliefs ie gay marriage etc but respect your right to disagree and object and I always have room to debate. In saying that I have only met one cyberbully who thought she could put myself and others down. She would ask for people's opinions and if people didn't agree with her opinion she would rant and rave throwing a tantrum if you still didn't agree with her pov. She would then block you from commenting further while making sure she had the last word and insulting you before she does. Funny thing was that all the personal attacks and insults could be used to describe her and after reflection its she clear having discussed it with other gagers to whom she was abusiveit seems that she is just a passive aggressive person who likely has psychological problems and just feels powerless in her day to day life and this is why she behaves this way. She did send a me vile psycotic message and thats what I learned what the block button is for. I know maybe your looking for a voice to express your opinions but not everyone will agree but they should be courteous towards you and your views. Remember its cyberspace you dont know anyone personally and its usually the bully that has the problem.

• It crossed my mind but I took a break and I felt better after that.

• ehh.. im just chillin lol

• I won't leave on my own I will have to be shown the door

• Well, welcome to the internet. Anything sooner or later quickly devolves into a cesspool of incivility and assholery.

• Oh don't go... Who else is going to have that kind of pose and that kind of hairstyle?

• I was on this site at 21 and I got hurt and upset and left now at 25 I'm desentisiZed to most of it.

• Well, this isn't a forum, it's a Q&A website filled with depressed and miserable miscreants whom no one likes at all for the most part. So, it's quite natural you feel this way.

• I've experienced exactly what you have. If you garnered that many assholes, then you did your job. Party on.

• Literally nothing's changed on here. No idea.

• Sometime I think to leave GaG, People are decent here too, but some really hurt.
    I've got fade up, but in hope to find another good person, keep staying here.

• I got level infinity hit points against cyber bulling

• I haven't bullied anyone here, my apologies if I hurt anyone here though.

• I've never felt like leaving, and I have had my bad G@G days.

• i never felt like leaving gag , even if internet dies , i am not leaving gag

• I'm considering leaving because of the overall secular nature of the site and many of the people on it. The recent abortion myTake debate really got me upset.

• It was to incite debate, people will always have polarizing opinions to you. It's not 'secular' at all. Not everyone's life is governed by religious beliefs and you have to accept that.

• I don't agree with all of your views, but I do respect your feelings and views. I have also noticed how people gang up on you. Typically this is because you are very strong in your christian faith. and others take issue with that. I have similar issues with the fact I am an atheist. In fact I have to tell people I am agnostic just to get them to not bother me. There are haters everywhere. We both have the same problem. We say "This is what I personally believe" and all the haters seek us out.

I don't hate religious people and I don't think you hate people that aren't christian, but any time someone stands up and says what they believe it is going to piss someone else off. People aren't good at accepting that someone else disagrees with them. I think I would have left a long time ago if it wasn't for the feature to go anonymous or to block really offensive people.

• Seriously. Thank-you so much, sir. I feel better that not everyone that denies the existence of God and morals is cruel. People ca talk, but they just can't bully or stereotype.

• It's just that you're trying to push some shit on us that we don't really like. You can have your opinion but don't push shit on us

• You can't take this site that seriously. The people here are retarded lmfao.

• I think everybody should go under a mass exodus.

What Girls Said 22

• I'm sorry you're feeling this way. However, you have to realize, if you have the right to voice your controversial opinions, other people have the right to disagree. That's just how it works. Everyone has different viewpoints/values/beliefs and because of this, sometimes there will be conflicts surrounding controversial topics.

That being said, cyberbullying is not okay under any circumstances so if you feel that you are being harassed, you can always report the posts or the users themselves. You can also block these users as well.

• 'You've made me mad and upset'. And what about the people you offended by your mytake? What about the people who read the take in which you accused same sex couples wanting to marry to lead to things like incest? Don't you think that you might have made them mad and upset too? This is an open forum, if you're going to put stuff like that online, you're going to be criticised for it, those are the consequences. You should deal with it, you brought it on yourself when you hurt people.

• Just yesterday I had someone on here telling me how ugly I was.. you stick up for yourself and then you get over it.

• You know what sweetheart, just go then. You post questions crying over how someone on the internet was mean to you. If you can't handle that then get off the internet because there are much worse places than here. Go to Reddit and see how nice people are there - I think you'd soon scurry back here.

You sound rather pathetic, always feeling sorry for yourself. You're a 19 year old woman. Time to realise the world isn't made of ice cream and unicorns.

• Take breaks, I don't have internet at home so only when I visit people/family with wifi, I come here cause some people genuinely want decent advise or experience. I find more people trying to hook up or cyber with you here than bully, which is not why I am here so I just ignore or delete those messages.

Some I swear come to the site to treat like a 'hot or not' / 'rate me' site, talk about sexually proactive things for attention or just down right ego boost. Some are bitter trolls ready to pounce on certain topics or post topics that cause controversy.

• Oh the site has a new fade feature 1/2 my message is missing, lol. Cool, I have been gone a while as you can see :)

• I'm sorry that you feel this way. There are some people here who are rude and stupid.
    But don't let them bring you down.
    I'm sure that you have interesting and helpful things to say.

I hope your situation turns out better.

• There are great people on GAG as well, maybe you haven't met them yet. Of course there are people who are not nice just like real life outside of GAG :) it is much easier for people to attack others in the internet so, to enjoy the internet world, mean words and grumpy people are something that we all need to accept. I've thought about leaving the site because i used to learn a lot about other cultures and others' opinions on various topics but GAG has changed and i don't enjoy being here as much as before. But i still enjoy talking to few of my great friends on here.

• You ask extremely controversial topics so you bring it onto yourself, if I'm honest. So I have no sympathy. Don't expect anyone to agree with your views, people not agreeing with you isn't even cyber bulling. They simply have another point of view and that consequently bothers you.

• I really hate to say this, but this is the most civil site I've ever been on! There is just a better class of people here. That said, I feel everyone deserves respect.

• If you're so overly sensitive then you shouldn't be here in the first place. Realize that not everyone is going to agree with said opinions or appreciate your comments. Get over it; it's not the end of the world.

• Your topics center around religion. Religion is one of the most controversial topics there is since it's one of the few things in life that shape a person's core values. Posting controversial topics requires thick skin.

Welcome to the internet.

• it has crossed my mind, but most of the things you ask about is somewhat provocative and people have the right to share their opinion or opposed to it... I'm sure plenty of guys following you are going to miss you...

• i won't lie.. this crossed my mind at a certain moment

• Haven't really felt like leaving since i've been here.

• Thought of it before, but this passes my boredom so it looks like itll be staying for awhile hahah :)

• Ok. Good luck in your life. ^^

• Once because I got sick of the same ol questions

• It's quite sad that you feel this way about me :(

• You know, this place has gay youths and staunched atheists here. I don't think you are ready to be in GAG because you aren't prepared to accept others' view point without making them feel inadequate.

• I have thought about leaving a few times, due to the calibre of people on gag.

I think GAG needs to put more control over our own accounts. For example we should have an opition to be able to put a block on our opinions on questions to prevent other people commenting on our opinion thread.

There is a lot of awful people on gag. To be honest if my son or daughter used gag i would discourage it

• I've never thought of leaving. This site is endlessly entertaining.

• I'm sorry You feel that way about some of the people on here. But you have to realize that you have to have thick skin on this website, or else everyone will walk all over you and your opinions. I'm sorry, but that's just how the Internet is. People think it's okay to bully and belittle people because it's without consequences. If you feel sad, try messaging people to talk about it. Good luck. :)