Do you suggest having a job in college or just focusing on school?

I currently have a job, but I am thinking of quitting so I can focus on school. A lot of people told me it would be stupid to quit and not work if I have the time, but I am not content with working right now. Also do you think internships are good even though you dont get paid? Has anyone done an internship during college and did it help you find a job?

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who has had to keep a job while going to school, I'd honestly tell you either way is good. The benefit of not working is that you can focus solely on school and have extra free time to have a life and study and such. On the other hand, the experiences I've gain from doing both is something that no school could ever teach me. Having responsibilities and being aware of such responsibilities before I start my career is priceless versus having to learn on the fly as soon as I graduate and start out on my own.

• Thanks for the mho and best of luck on your decision and education.

What Girls Said 2

• Its good to have work experience because even with a degree from a prestigious school, people don't want to hire somebody without work experience.

• Get a part time job related to your major if you can, relevant experience always helps

What Guys Said 3

• If you need to pay for college expenses, get a job. If you don't, then you don't necessarily need a job, but it'd be nice to have extra money anyway.

• Keep a job. It will teach you time management.

• Having a job, otherwise you've got no money and you're fed up so you can't focus on work.