Does getting crowns put on your teeth hurt?

I want to know because I have to get one plus they have to pop the filling out that is supporting my tooth because half of my tooth fell out then they add a white filling instead of a silver one and then put the crown on it and this is happening all in one day

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• I have heard they hurt

• Take something like Aleve right after you leave the dentists office, avoid chewing with that side of your mouth for at least a day and avoid foods/liquids that can cause sensitivity issues. Such a hot tea or ice cream. So long as you fallow those directions, you will be fine.

• Never had one done, but with enough medication why would it?

• Yeah they do it sucks

• The injection to numb the pain hurts.

• It doesn't "hurt" it's a little uncomfortable at first but there's no pain involved

What Girls Said 1

• I had major dental work done, don't ask me what I was under 14 at the time but some molars removed for sure. But with mouth freezing and a great dentist, I am very comfortable in a dentist chair, no fear no worries. But I hear a root canal is suppose to be terribly painful, besides that most mouth freezing should be suffice. I think you'll be fine especially if you trust your dentist.