Does getting crowns put on your teeth hurt?

Updates:
I want to know because I have to get one plus they have to pop the filling out that is supporting my tooth because half of my tooth fell out then they add a white filling instead of a silver one and then put the crown on it and this is happening all in one day

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• I have heard they hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • Take something like Aleve right after you leave the dentists office, avoid chewing with that side of your mouth for at least a day and avoid foods/liquids that can cause sensitivity issues. Such a hot tea or ice cream. So long as you fallow those directions, you will be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had one done, but with enough medication why would it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they do it sucks

0|0
    0|0
  • The injection to numb the pain hurts.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't "hurt" it's a little uncomfortable at first but there's no pain involved

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I had major dental work done, don't ask me what I was under 14 at the time but some molars removed for sure. But with mouth freezing and a great dentist, I am very comfortable in a dentist chair, no fear no worries. But I hear a root canal is suppose to be terribly painful, besides that most mouth freezing should be suffice. I think you'll be fine especially if you trust your dentist.

0|0
    0|0