Have you ever known someone homosexual (gay) who donated blood?

I am having suspicion that this guy is gay but then i realized he actually registered for blood donation a while ago. In the questionnaire there was a question if you're a male and had a sex with another male for the past 3 months.

He passed the hemoglobin count but when his blood pressure was checked he got denied. Not sure if it was high or low.

So its possible that he's not gay? He was ready to donate blood.

People dont get the logic to this question. HOMOSEXUALS ARE PRONE TO HIV. YOU GET THE POINT NOW?
Also having realized he donated for blood means he is clean so not homo. Got it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Err... so are hetrosexuals prone to HIV etc, but yes studies reveal that gays are more prone to HIV but that doesn't mean that one shouldn't take blood from a gay :) Also that all blood is tested for everything before being transfused :)

This girl's fears aren't unfounded but ofcourse not all homosexuals are prone to HIV

consumer.healthday.com/.../...iv-study-666884.html

www.gmhc.org/.../gay-men-44-times-more-likely-to-get-hiv

• oops answering your question
      1. Yes I know gays who have donated blood and they were perfectly safe
      2. 'also having realized he donated for blood means he's clean (OF HIV) so not homo i. e. he's clean medically so can donate, they don't get rejected because of their sexual orientation, no one does. The 'Ireland' part is news to me :)

What Guys Said 4

• So you're saying that every gay guy has HIV, therefore, if he's clean, he's not gay? WTF have you been drinking? xD

• R u ok? Like is ur brain alright? Have u suffered any head traumas recently?

• How about you. Are you okay?

• Yea I'm fine. The magnitude of this question just made feel concerned bout ur mental health.

• Dont worry. Dont go mental about my question. It seems that your logic is not enough to understand it.

• It is not allowed in Ireland but they are changing it

• No and why would you assume someone is a homo for that?

What Girls Said 6

• So because he doesn't have HIV he's not gay? Not every gay man has HIV, you know. In fact while the percentage of them is higher than in the straight population, it's still a small percentage overall.

• Anyone can have sexual diseases but if that was the case they would not be allowed for blood donations. There is no medical evidence that you will contract some virus from a individual's sexuality.

• Not even gonna say anything since it's some biological shiz I won't get.

• lol is this a serious question

• It doesn't necessarily mean he has HIV/aids why does it matter?

• Umm... I have no idea how you concluded that he's gay from what you've stated. Do you know what he answered to the question about having sex with a man?