Ever gotten stitches/staples?

Because of one reason or another? What happened?

(and not the sewing/stationary kind! )

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep, several times.

Most notably when I got shot, and again when I got stabbed. Also, when I fell out of a tree and tore my leg open, and also when I cut my hand open on a metal fence.

I have a lot of scars, basically, lol.

• Lots of scars = lots of stories too...
      can I ask why you got shot/stabbed?

• Well, I was young, and in shock when I stabbed myself, so my brain said, "That's not supposed to be there! Pullitoutpullitoutpullitout!!!" :)

• Haha true.. seeing a knife stuck in my body would get me panicking xD
      but pulling it out is like stabbing yourself again :S

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, I walked through an area that had some hidden strip metal, and it popped up and made a cut in my lower leg. This was right above the hard bone right in the from of the lower leg. I still have a mark from where I was cut and stitched and it happened around 1993-4.

• No but I probably should have a few times!

• No I have been lucky

• I have had a lot of stitches over the years and seem to add a couple for scars every year. I have had stitches on my arms, legs, fingers, hands, hips, knees and a few on my face/head. From things like a guy pulling a knife in a fight to a tear in my abdominal wall. I'd say I have probably had upwards of 80 stitches over the years.

• wow a veteran... guess you've had your share of fights?

• I don't get into many fights these days. But, occasionally I will. A lot of the time its because I'm standing up for someone else or because I calling people out for their rude and disrespectful behavior towards myself or others.

• okay good, you're not the type of guy with a fire that just likes ripping up others for fun xD
      Respect for standing up for yourself and others though

• Yeah I fell and slammed by head up against the metal desk in middle school and I was leaking from the side of my head I had to get 5 stitches.

• yeah that sounds painful too

• Never them, But, I've gotten Glue LOTS of times xD

• Defending my sister from my mental mom

• .. I'm sorry you had to go through that, hope things are better now though.

• Yuuuuup filllllller

• aww poor you. hope your fur didn't have to be shaved!

• Ya we don't normally see eye to eye. And not because of our vastly different sizes.

• but we need you to stay together!

• Yup, I fell out of a tree when I young and I busted up my arm and chin.

• No, I never snitched so I avoided being stitched!

What Girls Said 9

• Yes I've had stitches in the head when I was about 6 or 7, and that's cause I went to hug our dog good night and I gave him a bear hug and he thought I was attacking him so he bit my head open... Yeah it was scary. No we didn't have the dog put to sleep because I was the guilty party, I caused it to happen, and he was an ex military dog, so he's trained that way. Oh how I miss that dog. He died when I was 9 of a heat stroke...

• In my mouth. They cut my labial frenum off.

A good ol labial frenectomy.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Frenum_composite.jpg

• Actually yea, I had a glad cup in my hand when I was a kid, and I was acting like a wrestler (Ik wtf? XD) so I kept squeezing till it finally broke in my hand and I had a huge gash in it, I didn't really feel it afterwards because of the shock, but on the way to the hospital I sure did! My wrestling days with glass cups are over. 😓

• when I was younger I was hit by a car I got a big cut over top my left eyebrown the Pro is stitches got out and is only a small scar Con is now my left eyebrow won't fully grow in

• I had a baby and had like 24 stitches in my vagina -_-

• that's a bunch :O but I'm sure it was worth it for a beautiful baby ^.^

• no she was only 7 pounds but i'm the size of a 12 year old so it was pretty horrible. i couldn't walk for a while x'D luckily they don't leave scars.

• so that's like an average weight, but you're tiny! And yeah, good thing they don't xD
      I hope she's doing well !

• Yeah, a few different surgeries and stuff. A couple accidents
    Nothing that exciting though

• can't say that I have

• I haven't.

• I have gotten stitches in my forehead.

• :C hope it's all gone

• Yeah, it was when I was 7 so it was a very traumatic experience for me. I still have a scar. I also sliced my finger on a dog tin, and the cut was deep, but I didn't get stiches for it. My dad just fixed me up and it basically healed on it's own. But now I have a permanent scar on my right hand index finger.

• omg owww... tin cans hurt like hell!