What do you think about SUSHI?

Sushi is my ultimate, favorite, special-occasion food. It seems as though people either love sushi, or they're completely repulsed by just thinking about eating it. Do you like it? Have you ever eaten it? Do you think it's disgusting? (This includes Sashimi, Nigiri, Maki, etc.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I absolutely LOVE sushi. It's one of my favorite dishes. I like it more than many western dishes in fact. Unfortunately, sushi is super expensive, especially in Switzerland, where I live, because firstly Switzerland is pretty much the most expensive country on earth and secondly because we don't have any sea close by. I usually go to the local sushi restaurant with my best guy friend once a month and we easily spend 80-90 dollars per person every time (we don't even overeat, we just have a normal amount, including 1-2 drinks). Last summer I did this absolutely amazing round trip for two months in Japan with the same friend and we ate a lot of sushi. It was soooo cool. It was so authentic and original. If you've ever eaten the real deal, you don't wanna go back anymore to the westernized sushi. We got to try sushi with so many different kinds of fish, many of which aren't even purchasable in Switzerland. And it was also soooo much cheaper. In Sapporo we once went to a sushi restaurant and we ate so much we almost exploded and yet it only cost 20 bucks per person. I couldn't believe my eyes ;-). That's the amount of money you spend at McDonalds in Switzerland.
    However, one thing I find sad about sushi (especially since I made this big trip through all of Japan) is that in western countries it is often considered THE Japanese dish. This however, is not true and there are many, many more very delicious Japanese foods. There is Okonomiyaki and Sukiyaki and Donburi and of course Japanese Curry (Donkatsu Curry) etc etc. Also for you, as a fellow sushi lover, I have to food recommendations:
    - Did you ever had kimbab? It's the Korean version of sushi. My girlfriend is Korean and we sometimes make it together. It's filled with fried meat instead of raw fish and with kimchi (kimchi is something uniquely Korean). You can also put in other things but that's kind of the classic.
    - If you like raw fish like myself, you might also like a western food with raw meat. It's called Tartar and it's originally French. Nowadays there is also stuff like Salmon tartar but the original is made with beef. It's raw, thinly chopped beef with some different herbs, a raw egg and one or two other ingredients. It's arranged to look like a very small cake and you usually eat it together with toasted bread. It's absolutely awesome, just like Sushi :-).

What Guys Said 7

• its good stuff. in my experience, girls love a good sushi date.

• Love it ))))

• I'm Asian.. Therefore it's normal to me. XD

My favorite unique dish is probably the lobster sashimi.

• Omg, that sounds amazing.

• Yup they boil the lobster tail so it for a very short time and cracked it open then cut them into bite sized pieces.

So think of it like the same as a rare ahi tuna steak but in lobster form. XD

• I'd like it then because I love Ahi tuna steak!

• I never took to it

• never ate it... people say it tastes lke raw fish... ugh

• I love sushi a lot but I don't like japanese people lol

• Only white people like it.

What Girls Said 14

• Love it!! I don't eat the raw stuff much anymore, but I love shrimp and crab rolls. Anything spicy really!

• i don't like the idea of eating raw fish. and i don't like fish in general hahah. i've never tried it, but i will one day.

• I like sushi a little but I LOVE sashimi a lot more. I used to crave sashimi everyday.

• I like it:)

• I've never had sushi BUT it is on my to-do list! :D

• Sushi is tasty but hella expensive

• Delicious. Haven't had it in a while.

• I don't know why, but I detest sushi
    I loooove other Japanese food but sushi immediately triggers my GaG reflex

• It's horrible.

• I like the taste but I don't eat it any longer. I knew a woman whose father died from rare parasites that came from sashimi. They infested his brain and he died.

• I don't like it.

• i love sushi but not raw

• I love sushi! Have you ever tried other East Asian dishes like kimchi or dumplings? 😋

• No I have not. I would love to though! What is kimchi?

• It's mostly fermented cabbage with other vegetables dipped in vinegar and spices. It's sopose to be really spicy (I think it's more sour than spicy) and it's used to flavor food like kimchi flavored Ramon for example.

• Wow I would love to try that as well. :)