Honestly, have you heard of GMO'S? Do you know what GMO'S are?

im curious to see if you guys know what your putting in your body.
nobody knows the effects. ARe you comfortable with it?
please leave a comment on it.

• I know what GMO's are but I eat them.
  • I have no clue what your talking about.
  • I've heard of them but I'm not really sure.
  • Im GMO free.
  • I try to eat less GMO's but its hard.
  • im uncomfortable with GMOs but I eat them.
Are you aware in future time, Monsanto (GMO company) will have the ability to control how you eat, your health. There imput now tramples even the governments. Why can't we be told when its in our food?

Most Helpful Guy

• the us is actually trying pretty damn hard toloosen europes strickt regulations against them and the obligation to indicate content of gmo in foods... i think being absolutely gmo is hardly possible nowadays.

What Guys Said 11

• If I could buy without GMO, then I do, but sometimes it's really difficult to find something without GMO's and for a good price.

• I am currently on an lobbying campaign again Monsanto and have donated and will continue to fund the legal battle in key states. I do not agree with GMO's they are not something that people should be consuming but they should be labeled. The only way to ensure you avoid them is by eating organic and by looking at the labeling on vegetables.

• *against Monsanto.

• yeah I learned that shit in high school and college. it is what it is.

• Yeah and there's nothing wrong with GMOs. All the attacks against GMOs make it hard for new companies to start up which only makes big companies control more of the market. When you understand the science genetics they become a whole lot less sxary. All the fruits and vegetables we eat have been genetically changed. The apples you know today were not like the apples that exsisted thousands of years ago.

• I am guessing Genetically Modified but I have no idea what O is

• They are genetically modified organisms, id suggest looking into it. Even watching a simple hour long documentary on Netflix. It's very educational.

• i'd give them a go i guess

• I picked A. Selective breeding of plants and animals has been done since people started farming and the current practice just speeds up the process. There are no health risks associated with eating GMOs.

• A lot of foods are, it increases profit for a lot of companies by a huge margin. I went back to organic vegetables and they look tiny and poorly grown.

• Yes, I happily eat GMOs.

• Heard of it and couldn't care any less about it. Gotta adapt with life.

• Oh look here, someone discovered that water is wet now she's some kind of genius with a condescending attitude.

• @Update If you're worried about Monsanto, become an activist, not a forum warrior.

• Over watching some documentary? I've done research, I've been in a debate argument and done my research on this. it's not called arrogance if its true. Your the one who was being snappy. I still don't understand why you hate this question so much? Ir what your problem is. I really don't have to explain myself to you. But I do know more than a lot of adults out there. They don't even know what it Is. Since most Americans barely know the meaning behind GMO I'd say I do know more. maybe earth wad the wrong word. I want to say america but I don't have much pride to say I care about it. We're doing a shit job at keeping our shit together. Granite more than others but, a shit job at that. I care about getting America back on track. and I find GMOs being a major problem. Honestly I never claimed being or knowing mroe than mkst adults, onky in the GMO area. And you and I both know my valid argument, proves that. Honestly I've stated what I had to say.

• You come on here with your fear mongering bull because of what you heard on a documentary, and you think you're so knowledgeable when in reality your vision is incredibly narrow. That's the problem. You have a lot to learn before you go around calling people ignorant.

What Girls Said 6

• It's kind of hard to know sometimes unless you grow/raise all your own food. I unfortunately do not live in a climate where I can grow my own vegetables year round.

• Sorry, didn't see the option for "I know what GMOs are and I eat them anyways".

Gmos have been around for hundreds of years. If you ever eaten a banana or a tomato then you've eaten a gmo. If you've ever eaten an apple, then you've eaten a gmo. Much of the organic produce in the market are gmos - since they can't use pesticides they use species that have dna from a bacteria that provides innate pesticidal properties.
    One of the most famous examples is gmo rice that have been engineered to produce vitamin a which provides an undeniable advantage.
    So chill, lol, and sorry for necroing this thread. Didn't realize it was dead when it popped up on my feed.

• Many studies have been conducted on the risks of GMO's, but they're no more harmful than conventional food. The fuss about them is over nothing.

• Genetically modified... I'm trying to get away from them as fast as possible.

• Same for me, it's amazing how careless people are and how oblivious they are to the greater options.

• @anon1999 I just don't want to turn into the crazy chicken lady lol

• Why not? You could join me as the crazy chicken man lol :D

• Genetically Modified Organisms. I only know because I was doing my microbiology assignment the other day and this was involved! I don't really care about GMOs.

• I don't mind GMO's. I think our body doesn't really care about the genetic makeup of the plants we eat. It all gets broken down when we eat it.