Do you think three months is enough time to finish a master's dissertation?

The essey is 15,000 words.

I don't work and have nothing else going on during this time. I recently had to switch to a topic more local as I could not afford an abroad research trip as I had been planning all year. I was asking as my department is pretty pissed with me, but it is kind of their fault as funding got pulled recently for research trips.

I think I have more than enough time as I can do as much research locally any time. The only problem is finding a new topic...

Just fielding some thoughts on this I suppose...

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends how quickly you can find a topic, what materials and resources are available (and how relevant/useful they are), how self-motivated and efficient you are... it's difficult to say. But if you're good at managing your time and won't have any other distractions during those three months... I suppose completing it isn't out of the question.

• I have done many a last minute projects efficiently I think... Recently did 4,000 words in a week including research. You bring up my exact worries though, finding the topic and location of necessary materials! I figure If I can do that with in a month, the researching and writing itself is the easy part!

• I think more like two weeks editing revising is plenty for me, I would rather spend more time getting a solid topic and research, but that is me. With nothing else going on, no lectures or seminars, I can treat this as a full time job and be fine... I hope!

• Sure, whatever works for you! If you can stick to your schedule I'm sure you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 3

• yeah sure u could if u were dedicating a few hours to it each day. i think u need to manage ur time by planning out what u want to finish when. kind of like setting small goals for urself one at a time.

• Mainly depends on the subject and the amount of support, equipment and funding you'd need. Why turn a challenge down?

• It is history, and no funding at this point, though I have money saved up enough to not have to work, just not enough for a self funded trip. Actually I am thinking this is the less stressful option versus staying with my current topic and needing extensive emails with archives or relying only on published materials...

• Sounds like you know what you want to do and just need to do it 😋 sounds intriguing!!

• Hope you're not getting a master's in English .

• I have had a casual drink or two and was too lazy to edit- sue me. My grades are 95% and up.

• Just saying, it is the internet, even further, this is a recreational cite- not professional. There is just no reason to be super formal so long as I am still clear! hahaha

• Yea, right. Keep fooling yourself.

What Guys Said 3

• Three months should be fine. Spend 1 month researching, 1 month drafting, three weeks procrastinating, and a final week fixing the draft. Easy.

• hahahah thanks for taking into account procrastinating, you get it. I hoping to finish early if possible though...

• Possible but maybe not at super quality

• Ya, fortunately it only counts for a third of my grade (I do have to pass it) and I am already doing really well. I know, it won't be the best, but I think this is a better option than trying with my current topic via email with archives maybe

• You can do it. Good luck

• 15,000 words is easy.