Should I write my manga/comic first or draw out the characters?

So I'm a very good writer if I do say so myself. And I'm barley learning to draw I'm mediocre at best. should I look for a artist to draw for me. If I do I'll have to share the money I make with that person but how much should I share? Also what if he still my ideas.

What should I do?

So my question. Is should I learn to draw first?
Or should I pay someone and hope they don't steal my ideas

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are good enough to write novels then you can start practicing publishing on the web so you will actually know that you are good. A lot of time that if you can write a decent story that people don't get lost in and make a living as a writer then you can probably make a living as a comic/manga artist.

Don't pay someone but rather work as co-authors if you can't draw to save yourself. It's a really really tough industry to make a living on so make sure you're doing this out of love rather than betting your life on it.

What Girls Said 4

• Write it out first, so you can visualize the characters as you go. Maybe you can take a drawing class/google it while you do that.

• Do you already have the comic written? (Draft)

If yeah, then draw it first

• If you're a bad drawer now you're probably going to stay a bad drawer. Don't be a weaboo and make some mediocre piece of shit Americanized manga that was written in English but reads left to right. Jesus.

• Why not ask a friend who enjoys/does drawing?

What Guys Said 1

• write it first.