Do you consider yourselves to be feminists? Or if not why?

I'm not trying to start arguments, but I've seen a lot of trolls (and maybe a few serious guys) post questions attacking feminists, and I only recently joined. That made me curious as to what percentage of women on here identify as feminists. And also what the guys think. To limit trolling I won't allow anonymous posting.

• I identify as feminist.
  • I don't consider myself feminist, but i support gender equality.
  • I disagree with feminism.
    Vote C

511

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not a feminist but I believe woman must be valued for who they are on the inside and not what they can offer a man sexually. I also believe woman should be treated with honour and esteem for bearing children. I believe it is disrespectful and selfish for a man to expect a sexual relationship outside of marriage and an abuse of the female race.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• I am egalitarian (for the equal rights of women AND men). Modern day feminism is a joke and hopefully it dies out. All modern feminism focuses on is women's rights and issues whilst ignoring the facts and statistics regarding men's issues and men's rights. Modern feminism = misandry, plain and simple. Of course there are so-called neutral feminists that do actually support equality between sexes, but the majority of feminists nowadays are radfems and misandrists.

• I'm a bit confused about your poll. If you support gender equality, aren't you a feminist?

• Technically, yes, but some people are uncomfortable with labels.

• I know some people who support gender equality but just don't like to identify as feminists. I also think there may be some in between people who may not entirely agree with feminism, but aren't against it either. Because of that I wanted to give people more options.

• Right, got you :)

• A feminist is a person who believes in equal rights between genders, so if you think that men and women should be equal and aren't right now you're a feminist.

• There are different types of feminism, so I included the second opinion because some people support equality but don't like to be labeled as feminists. Others might agree with some points feminists make, but not all. I don't generally think in absolutes. (ex. You're either a feminist or you're not)

• True, I just don't like when people attack feminists even though they technically are feminists themselves.

• feminists voted A

What Guys Said 11

• Feminism claims they want to solve gender equality, but only focus on the issues of only one gender.

Never have feminists rallied behind spousal abuse against men, bias in courts revolving around custody cases, sexual assault against guys by women, or coercion of child support.

• Women should be women and guys should be guys. We are different. You can't draw a line to make them completely equal in all aspect because they aren't. Before the Feminazis jump on me I will give the example of a woman aborting a child when the father disagrees. Sure, in that case the feminazis will say that is right.

• 0|0
  • I disagree wholeheartedly with feminism.

• I'm a feminist because I think women should have equal rights to men.
    And in most civilized countries, they already do.

• The definition of a feminist is supporting economic, social, political, and legal equality for women. In that sense, I am a feminist. The same amount of work should mean the same payment. Just because men and women are different, everyone deserves equality.

• Option B seems a reasonable choice

• feminism is bad for lots of reasons

• Such as?

• 1. teaches women to not be feminine 2. passes man hating laws 3. tells people things that aren't ok are ok etc its bad over all i feel it shouldve ended after the 2nd wave.

• I support their movement I just don't like to get personally involved.

• I support gender equality, but id don't like feminists

• I have no problem with feminism in its theory.
    However feminazis tend to blur lines for many.

However; tarring all with the same brush is ignorant ^_^