Why does everyone say they hate Facebook but still continue to use it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because if you don't use it - you won't be able to keep up. For example - I have 2 bible study groups that ONLY advertise their events on facebook - and their facebook profiles are by invitation only. I once tried to join a christian facebook group to get updates on school bible studies and did not have any facebook friends on my contact list as I was worried about being hacked and was taken off the group mailing list cause they thought I was a spy and not a legitimate university student (having no friends from university on my friends list).

What Guys Said 5

• Because Facebook has its downsides, which can be pretty significant, but since everybody else uses it it's harder to quit. Also, a lot of people are simply put addicted to it. A like here, a comment there, and before you know it you spend yet another hour peeking at other people's lives. I'm not exactly innocent when it comes to that either.

And I sometimes get the feeling that young people are totally watering down terms such as 'hate'. I hate this, I hate that, but in reality they're only just disliking something.

I mostly dislike the narcissism it fosters in some people. They become slaves to their smartphones, taking pictures of themselves everywhere they go. Fine, it's their lives and all, but it's so... Artificial, I suppose. On the other hand, I've also read that social media can be a positive factor to some people with low self-esteem, so there's two sides of that coin.

• I don't hate facebook. My guess is that people who say that they hate and still use it don't hate it enough.

• I know I hate it because lets say I was meeting afriend. So both people have left our house, We both have limited data useage, but they insist on facebook messaging me instead of texting lol

• I didn't know I still continue to use it

• I think it is because it is trendy to say they hate it. It gets popular to hate all sorts of stuff that really isn't that bad.

What Girls Said 4

• Facebook time :D lol 👌..
    I understand people say they hate/dislike facebook yet they log in daily... The reason they say " because people send me messages" ... I use facebook :D and I don't hate it...

• I use it and don't say I hate it, but some people might just want to appear "above" all the mainstream trends... but can't resist it either

• For the same reason people who say they hate GAG but continue to use it. A lot of people enjoy being miserable or they're just not that bright.

• There could be people on fb who they don't want to lose contact with, especially if they live in different countries.