What do I do I need your help?

So I have noticed that guys tend to I guess see me as a slut.. I don't even know how to say this, well Im always the one who starts the conversation with a guy I don't know I just can't help myself and for those who don't know I am a virgin so no I don't want the "D" I feel like I always have the need to have guys aproval.. I hate this about myself I feel like I obsess a little too much over guys 😒 but keep in mind I am only 17 and I get told a lot that I'm beautiful and stuff but I always feel the need to approach a guy instead of being patient.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just when you thought high school wasn't lame enough. Find the boy who started the rumor and be like "why do you think I'm a slut first name, last name" and then when he comes up with his shitty. "Errr you asked me to your party errr bday sex errrr"

You can be like "no. I was being *nice* asshat. I was asking out of the goodness of my heart. I was like hey that loser looks like he needs some people to be nice to him. Obviously I was wrong. I have a strict no douchebag policy so don't worry about showing up."

Revenge complete.

As for this nonsense about who talks to who first tell people to stfu. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. If you want to talk to people you can. You don't need to wait around hoping some idiot boy will notice you. If that somehow makes you slutty in people's eyes they're not the kind of people you want to be around anyway.

Like I don't even get that logic. You have to sit and be pretty until someone deigns to talk to you? I'm sorry I thought this was 2015 not 1815. Do you need a formal letter of introduction too? You're awesome just the way you are. Rock that instead of shackling yourself to the words of stupid people.

What Guys Said 4

• Just be yourself - Being confident and initiating contact doesn't make you a slut

• //So I have noticed that guys tend to I guess see me as a slut.//

Opinion based on what? Did someone actually say you are a slut?

• Yeah this one guy did because I invited him to my birthday and I didn't really know him so he thought I wanted to get some birthday sex and I went off on him saying I wasn't like that he called me a slut..

• Young lady you need to understand - there are good guys and there are bad guys - next time spend some time before inviting them over. This will save lot of embarrassment. Nothing wrong with you though

• Umm... Do girls or guys call you a slut because most guys find it really attractive when a girl comes up to him, and if its girls ignore them they are just jealous that you could get like any guy you want.

• It's this one guy, I just want to be respected and not the girl that's easy u know I just don't know how to be like that.

• They are just jealous that you aren't talking to them probably.

• ... Unless you dress in barely any clothes, change boyfriends every month, and/or have a history for being easy (which you don't since you're a virgin), then people more than likely won't see you as a slut. You're just an outgoing person who likes to talk to guys.

• I actually am a modest person I like to stay classy but also lady like it's just I can't control myself when it comes to guys like if I see a hot guy I'll try to get his attention and so one.. But I wish I could control my urge and just wait for the right guy.

• Well if I loose my virginity then I'll be known as a slut, so I'm trying to stay away from talking to "guys" because I'm afraid of loosing control and turning into one. But it's just so hard.

• I really doubt you'll lose control. But if you feel you might, focus on other things. You're still young, so focus on schoolwork. Or maybe find something else that can distract your mind from boys, like a hobby of some sort that doesn't involve guys.

What Girls Said 4

• Not even close to the definition most people associate with the word slut. You are a flirt, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• Try fighting the urge to approach guys and let them come to you. It will be hard but it could possibly help you.

• Are guys or girls calling you a slut?

• A certain guy because I don't really know him and invited him to my birthday

• So he said I must want birthday sex

• That is probably just his way of flirting with you to see how you would react to those comments maybe he thinks that due to your invitation you have sexual interest in him. If you dont want that kind of attention i would switch up your strategy and try not coming off as so eager. Maybe have a mutual friend approach someone you are interested in next time. Men like women but dont neccesarily have respect for one they didn't or dont have to work for and you dont want that type of reputation going forward in life.

• How does that make you a slut