Religious people, do you respect atheists?

Do you respect atheists? And what I mean by that is, do you view them in high regard? I don't.

I guess I tried to ask this question from the perspective of an atheist... Which is why so many people misunderstood it.
No ones really understanding the question lol. I think if people really respected atheists (they way that I mean) then more people would agree with them. But whatever lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I respect people of all religions/beliefs if they are deserving of my respect.

What Girls Said 10

• I have a basic level of respect for everyone of all faiths/religions or lack thereof. As long as someone treats me with respect, I'll do the same. I have friends who are atheists or agnostic and I get along well with all of them because none of us try to shove our beliefs down the other person's throat. I respect the fact that everyone has different values and belief systems.

• I feel like if the reason someone can't respect me or my views or body of work based on my non-adherence to a religious ideology, that's more their problem than mine.

• Why don't you respect them?

• I don't respect them as a group of people. I think if religious people really thought about it, they wouldn't respect them either. But yea.

• No you don't lol. Christians believe that a human woman came from a man's rib. I'd like scientific evidence that supports this. And the Big Bang, as you mentioned it.

• Listen, I'm not going to argue with you.

• Yes, as long as they respect my beliefs

• I only respect people based on their character, nothing else.

• I'll respect you if you respect me. Regardless of age, religion, gender, race, etc .

• as long as they respect me.

• The only time I start losing respect for anyone is when they start to act like idiots.

• I respect them but they don't respect me

• Don't confuse respect for you (as a person) with respect for your beliefs. No atheist asks you to respect atheism. Atheists ask you to respect atheists.

• Maybe your too stupid to know that your insulting someone when you tell them they're irrational, or maybe your playing a stupid game. Personally, I think it's the former.

• @kobe23
      You're the person disrespecting others here.

• Yes i respect them...

What Guys Said 9

• Ill just leave this here.

godlessmom.com/.../download-2.jpeg

• LOL. That's why we're doing so well without you. You should look into the atheist regimes of the last century, that will give you a good idea of how incompetent your ideology is.

• Goodbye.

• Asker, you are completely delusional.

• Atheist here. This will be interesting...

• Yes, they're people too
    They do nothing wrong

• Kenzy-Yinn
      Atheist's don't believe in the god (s) @kobe23 believes in. For kobe23 that's wrong enough.
      A Torquemada reasoning.

• You should know that every human being is a child of God
      You should respect them for what they choose to be, atheist or not...

If that atheist would run into the church yellow that God isn't real, that the only meaning is what we give to ourselves and that we just perish in the ground upon dying... and then leaves... only to come again the next hour.. That would be wrong

Same goes for people with religion forcing religion upon others who don't believe, or fighting people with a different religion... both are wrong.. in that case

• I think both groups should respect each other

• I respect any believer. There's no obligation to respect his belief.

• Of course if they are good people. One of my best friends is atheist

• If he deserves it and it's doesn't matter atheist or religious if u r respectful I will respect him

• Some Christians respect atheists, some don't. Some atheists respect Christians, some don't. They are similar in this respect.

• Yes, although being a Jehovah's witness myself, I actually have greater respect for atheists than most religious people.

• I find it funny how this comment has so many up votes. Can you explain your reasoning?

• Atheists have stubborn beliefs as well, that can be proven wrong, and they can also be hypocrites.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1535851-do-you-think-atheists-have-morals-lol

• Atheists are less hypocritical overall, but perhaps just as stubborn. They believe in things that can't be proven yes, but since God existence can't be scientifically proven either, they still wold the ground by believing in thing that at least could be true, although not proven one hundred procent.

Most religious people believe in stuff that can be dis-proven, a totally different deal.