Do you think atheism is about looking smart as opposed to being smart?

Religious people see everything or the Big Bang as empirical evidence of God, and atheists see fossils as empirical evidence of evolution by natural selection, the only difference is one gets you smart "points" to believe in and the other one doesn't. One has explanatory "value" and the other one is just a conclusion.

So do you think atheism is about looking smart as opposed to being smart?

And if that's the case, why am I even arguing with them lol. God.

Also, if you look at a list of the most influential scientists, most of them are what atheists consider religious

Most Helpful Guy

• No, atheists are just misguided fools. It takes infinitely more faith to be an atheist than to believe in God.

• ''Misguided Fools''.

Okay, Stick to your book that promotes fairy tales and talking snakes.

• Then again, most people see Christianity as far more than just a belief system, and also see it as a "community". Due to the sense of belonging, no wonder people choose to follow the same principles as others, if it gets them to be appreciated in their social surroundings. Still, I personally prefer to do my own ways, and learn what is objectively better. I don't like accepting everything as a whole, I just like taking what's beneficial.

• "Doing your own thing" IS following the herd. There is nothing unique about that. That is what the majority of people choose to do. Very few peopl genuinely try to live the life that they believe God wills for them.

What Girls Said 2

• it is just smart because there is evidence
    if you are atheist then great
    if you're not then great

• no. I think it is just a person's viewpoint.

What Guys Said 10

• Considering the number of gods before the ones we have today , believing in any religion would be just as foolish as the many of the "gods" that died with the death of a civilization.

What I think is , whether or not there's a god shouldn't matter as to how you live your life. Unless of course if god tells you to kill your child for him you'll actually do it... then I'm not sure if you're mentally stable enough to operate in our society and I suggest you to seek help.

• I think anyone who desperately tries to pick a side is just picking a side of the same coin. Sure you could say "but atheism is not a religion just like how `not collecting stamps` is not a hobby", which is true! But desperately trying to prove your point about which side is better is just plain immature behavior. I think the best way to handle this problem is to just not participate in the war. Don't be a rabid atheist, but don't be religious either. Just be irreligious. It works.

https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/game_theory.png

• lol I don't care about looking smart. I'll be the first to admit I'm not smart. I just believe in things that can be proven and that's all there is to it.

• Atheism has nothing to do with "looking smart." It's about no religious beliefs whatsoever.

Also, it seems like it is YOU who is trying to "look smart" by thinking of yourself as superior for being a Christian and your continuous anti-atheist posts.

This is exactly why I do not have respect for Christians.

• atheist has nothing 2 do wid smartness bro... it just means "i don't believe in god"

• It is just some peoples' personal beliefs

• I'm on the christian side of things. Atheism is simple unbelief of God. I has nothing to do with your intelligence. I just simply don't argue with them.

• People say that existing of God is not logical but not existing of it is more illogical.

• Uhmm... No... Not really? So, You are saying the Bible, Is completely logical? With its talking snakes and stuff? And Magical boats that defy the laws of physics? and slews of other fantasy bulshit?

k...

• Bible, Qoran... Don't care about this ! We're talking about only God.

• The entity people call "God" is described in the Bible, along with its characteristics, actions and values.
      If you speak of a deity that is not confined by the ideologies of religions, say either "deity" or "creator". People will misunderstand you if you make it seem like you speak about the `Christian God`

• Maybe - - -

• yeah it's very shallow. they are usually poorly educated pretentious people. and when they are not they are too one sided and religious with their beliefs. i rarely see admirable agnostics. but anyway if they try to touch the divinity mentally they'll always stay agnostics cause that logic is the lesser power of the soul and its not enough to connect with the divine.

• and most of them today are youtube/internet agnostics. no real research and wisdom. just superficial shallowing of whatever they see online and fits with their paradigms and passions.

• ''Poorly Educated'', I think you will find, Usually, Its the other way around bub.

• @riggers in what kind of education? the controlled, twisted, and narrowminded academic modern paradigm?