When people are racist towards me, I find it hilarious. How do you feel?

So I don't know if its because of where I've been living or what, but racism directed towards me is funny to me. I laugh at it, at the the people in their faces, and walk away. Really it's because of time and ages. It's 2015 first off, not 1950 when that shit was a social norm. When it's with kids, many kids won't approach an older person and say things to them so I ignore them anyway. But teenagers and adults way older than me? It's funny as hell. Funny because you are supposed to be grown, yet resort to racist taunts and comments because you have nothing else better to say. I also think its funny because, to me, racism is a way for someone to feel superior in a world where they feel, and probably are, inferior.

So thats just my opinions, but what about you? How does it feel when people direct their racism towards you? I probably sound insane because I think its funny, even tell some kids to try again with the name calling cause its getting old. Tell them get creative.

Most Helpful Guy

• Been there, done that. They called me a N@zi and fascists countless of times. I just viewed them as barbarians and cave boys. These worthless scums won't even get as far as I am.

I feel almost better when plebs are racist towards me because I'm from Europe and they act and behave like way back in time. I feel modern for myself and expired for them Hahaha :D

I simply avoid such trash and that's it.

• Might not be European, but its funny. I can relate in that some people go tell me "pick cotton nigger" and I just calmly respond by saying "machines do it cause everyone knows that y'all white slave-owners got scared of a soon-to-come uprising and wanted an excuse to look better."

Not racist, but I can make racist comments like everyone else.

• Thanks for Most Helpful. Another hint: Be the better one and do not become them :) Good luck!

What Girls Said 4

• Racists are funny people. I almost feel sorry for them. They seriously work themselves up so much and have so much anger and hatred inside them based on the shade of someone's skin. Like, what kind of life is that?

• I either get offended or I despise them and consider them to be inferior for being bad people.

• Its good that you don't take it to heart. I envy you for that xD

• Took a long time to reach that point, but now I can care less. Really because I don't know or care for the people. Now if they come at me physically, then we have a problem.

• Yeah everyone won't be horrible. But those demographics dun lie. Hopefully you can move away from that area sooner than later

• I'm probably gonna be out in a month. Purposely choose a college in the city where its more diverse so I don't end up choking somebody from pure annoyance. I can laugh it off and all, but some people just annoy me to points unknown

• I really hate it. I have had a lot of racist statements made toward me. I have been called names, I have had things done to my door. I have been threatened. Much of it from Black women but also black men.

I don't know why they hate me so much. My boyfriend is black and he tells me just to leave it be but there are times I am actually afraid for my safety. Is it that I am white? or is it that my man is Black? I don't know. Why do black people hate me. I have don't nothing to them. I don't even know these people.

• yeah don't worry about those people. It's mostly out of jealousy, and keeping the race "pure" or w/e bullshit goes through the minds of these people these days.

• thank you for your kind words.

What Guys Said 12

• Interesting question. Rationally, I totally agree with you. I think it is by far the best thing to do to simply laugh it off and not even pay attention to racists. I also loved your statement about people trying to feel superior about themselves because they are probably inferior in real life. I couldn't agree more with this.

However, when you experience racism in reality, it's not always so easy to take it lightly. Especially, if you're not used to experiencing it. See, I'm a white European. I am, racially speaking, the very top of the food chain and we have been that for centuries (no, I don't mean this in a racist way, I mean this sarcastically). In other words: white people men have for a very long time always been the ones to command everyone around. Be it blacks or Asians or women or jews. Most of us white people have absolutely no idea what racism even feels like because we have always been the ones being racist to others.
    Now, I am a very open-minded person and not racist at all but two years ago, I've experienced racism myself for the very first time and it was not funny at all. It was absolutely terrible. The summary of what happened is this: I was living in South Korea with my Korean girlfriend. One time, when we came back from a fun and romantic dinner+movie date and we were waiting in the subway station for our train, a Korean man in his 50s walked up to us. He was wearing a suit and first it seemed like he just wanted to ask what time it is or something like that. He started talking to my girlfriend in Korean and I couldn't quite follow (my Korean is still kind of basic). He became louder and louder. I got confused and asked my girlfriend what's going on but she didn't answer me. She later told me that she didn't even hear me. She was so upset emotionally that she blocked out everything else. Suddenly, she started yelling at him like I've never seen her yell before. I was like "wtf?" He was also screaming at her and started to push her. She started to cry. This was enough. I started questioning him in English and he told me to "shut up". Then he went on to insult me in English in a very racist way. I almost punched him really hard in the face but I didn't because as a foreigner, you don't wanna do these kinda things in Korea. Anyway, after the man left, my girlfriend told me that he had called her a "slut" and "a whore" and a "dog" (in Asia, that's pretty much THE worst insult you could ever give anyone) for dating a white piece of shit and

• for making the "pure Korean blood dirty" with my worthless white blood. He said a few other things but that was sort of the most important stuff. When she told me about this, it totally broke my heart. I am a very sweet boyfriend and I do anything I can do be as sweet and caring as possible to my girlfriend. The fact that this man looked at me as something that makes my girlfriend's life miserable and destroys the whole Korean race was sooooo painful for me. I knew I shouldn't take it personally but I just couldn't laugh about it. It hurt me so badly. It was also very educating and very shocking to learn how brutal racism really can be. There is NOTHNG you can do against it. You can't work hard or be sweet or whatever... if somebody hates you for the color of your skin, he just hates you. And of course I was also very angry how sexist he had been towards my girlfriend. Altogether, it was a very tough experience. But it also taught me some things.

• I'm sorry that happened to you and your girlfriend, that shit was just un-called for and very rude. But at least you stood up for her like you should have.
      To clarify what I said, by the way, I have experienced racism in reality. I learned to laugh it off and not get offended. I think you mistook what I said as a 'what if' type of statement.

• never x-perienced racism, but i feel sad bout those people who r racist... they live in da 18th century :(

• Oh be racist to me and I will burn your house and hunt you even in your dreams LOL jk. My feeling would get hurt badly.

• My country is probably 99% white so I hardly ever see any racist behaviour but I would probably report it to police

• I just shrug.

• There was this one black girl I knew who was persistently racist towards white people yet couldn't accept the fact. That was pretty funny.

• Sounds like my grandmother actually. Claims she isn't, but has issues with white people. Denial is funny to see.

• I haven't experienced too much racism. One time a white guy said my dick is too small and a white girl said I oft find her attractive because my eyes were "too squinty" I'm just like Pshht whatever morons.

• I used to find it quite funny and even laughed with the racist some times but now I have respect for my skin and will treat a racist with the utmost disrespect

• I don't respect them either, I just find it hilariously immature and stupid.

• Actually, that's a good way of looking at it. Nothing pisses off a racist more than a black guy not taking them seriously hahaha

• So true. So very true.

• It depends on what they say, if they joke, like racist jokes I'm okay with it, because they mean to make me laugh, not to hurt me, my friends are like that, they can also take some

• i hate it. makes me racist towards them too. for example, ill look at that persons lacking and their ethnical failures.

• I find it really disappointing that racism is still a problem these days.

• all people are equal and human.