Am I stereotypical meathead?

I have tattoos.. my conversation list has literally only been about lifting and protein shakes.. I failed out of the police academy with the opportunit to come back but wanted to go back to school to finish my degree in mechanical engineering before. I work as a bouncer on the weekends. I sport a military cut. Drive a truck. Shoot guns on the weekends. When my girlfriend broke up with me she said all her friends think I'm arrogant and full of myself. I can see why she left now.. how do I break this stereotype.. feel like I got small dick syndrome lol. I'm not one for growing out my hair and becoming a hippie who talks about feelings all day but I don't want to be your stereotypical uneducated meathead.

My friends are the same as me. I've started to drop them more and more for its the same routine.. out to the club.. workout.. 'kick it'. I almost got into steroids and actually bought them but I haven't used them.. I'm not going to. How do I break this stereotype. These are the only kind of people I know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps engage in other activities that don't feed the stereotype of "meathead", for instance what about going hiking or camping, or trying watersports in the summer and skiing/snowboarding in the winter, this way you would meet people who have different interests that are not solely focused on lifting. You also expressed an interest in school, why not go back? you would meet like minded individuals who have different interests. It may be refreshing..

I think its super important to be healthy and fit but some people take it over board almost like an addiction. I feel like you need a balance with everything.

• I don't have any friends who do these things.

• Well my last girlfriend was the best thing that ever happened to me.. her leaving really made me look at myself. Definitely feel like I need to grow up.

• Definitely the age too, you start to realize things and look at your friends and find that you are so different. At least you are recognizing it.

What Girls Said 5

• ... I don't know why you care if you fit the stereotype or not.

1) If people are going to assume you're a stereotype without getting to know you, then why would you care about people who are retarded due to the way that they think?

2) Just be you. So what if you work out a lot and you look like a juice-head. That's you, dude.

• I mean working out and my apperance yeah I love bodybuilding and all that. That's me. What's not me is going out to a club and trying to pick up on women dumbing myself down to get laid every weekend. I'm more of a introverted intelectual person by default despite that my apperance says the opposite. I play the act to get women but I'm noticing it's not working to we'll anymore.

• I don't see why you would dumb yourself down because it seems like the person you are by default is much more desirable in my opinion. I would also question the kind of women you are attracting that like that persona I wouldn't think they are the most intelligent.

• All my girlfriends have been intelligent ig not smarter than me. But as far as just random lays. Yeah all airheads lol. My last girlfriend was the best thing that ever happened to me and her leaving made me kind of look at myself a little bit more.

I was pretty nerdy in high school. I was just sick of getting friendzoned.

• "These are the only kind of people I know."

Go back to school and talk to people outside that group.

• Get some hobbies other than lifting. Get an education. Get a normal car and ditch the guns.

• I can see that you can come across as a meathead BUT since you seem to worry about it you I don't think you really are. You just have to ask yourself why people perceive you as a meathead, and how you want to be perceived instead.

• Growing up I was a nerd who got no attention. After high school I turned into this to get attention from women.. and it worked. I'm noticing as I'm getting older turning 22 that most see this as a turn off now. I haven't been thw real me in a while I dumbed myself down for a while now. I do love bodybuilding though.

• It's okay to be passionate about bodybuilding and be someone who also has other interests and who isn't a stereotypical meathead. Don't give up with you love, but also don't try to change your personality for girls' attention. Besides, girls that are only into meatheads aren't the girls you want to date anyways. Just do you and you'll feel so much better and more confident because you can be yourself and someone will fall for that.

• what's wrong with being a meatball head?

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know why by reading this really made me wanna suck you off, all of a sudden.