Do you think more females should enter the automotive sector (mechanic, engineer, racing, etc..)?

Do you think more girl should enter the automotive sector (mechanic, engineer, etc..)?

Would YOU trust a girl mechanic working on your car? or designing your car?

It would be good to hear from both guys and gals. I personally think girls should be more into it and a prime example is marry barra who is ceo of gm and was once a engineer i do beleive and prior i think worked at a factory or dealership, danica patrick and susie wolff (both drivers). In a class of 100 auto engineers, there is only 3 or 4 women. So what is you opinion on this?

Bonus: Can you change a flat tire or your oil?

PIC is just for fun!
Do you think more females should enter the automotive sector (mechanic, engineer, racing, etc..)?

• Yes
    88% (14)62% (5)79% (19)Vote
  • No
    12% (2)38% (3)21% (5)Vote
  • Other (explain)
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • See results
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, as someone in mechanical engineering, I hate to see so many bright women doing something that is way under their potential. Maybe more women in auto design can help calm down the "hyper-masculine" trend in automotive design recently where every car looks ANGRY and MEAN. I'm not saying more things should look like a Miata, but car designs have gotten ridiculously angular and aggressive compared to the old smooth and assertive look (C7 Corvette vs 4th-gen Supra). Also, there needs to be more car girls that appreciate these beautiful machines.

0|1
    0|0
    • agreed on both views. I wouldn't mind seeing girls get more involed in racing, wheather it be sing seaters, gt cars or even go karitng. I know some girl who can kick ass in go karting lol. As for aggressive designing... i kind like it, but not toooooo aggressive though.

• Great opinion front2back I completely agree. I know in any of my engineering classes you would see only a handful of girls out of hundreds of guys in those classes. The C7 Corvette and Supra are beautiful cars.

• Didn't mean to type out the C7. I am a fan of the Supra though

What Girls Said 5

• Yes. Mainly because of sexism. There shouldn't even be questions like this because women and men should be more equal. I'm glad you asked this, though. And yes, I can change a flat tire and oil.

0|0
    0|0
    • good for you! and yes i think that is the reason. I would love to see more women in the auto industry but it's just a stereotypical thing. I know some girls who like to get there hands dirty. There should be a more equal liking in the field.

• Show All
    • i see, yeah, even learning how to do small things can save you cash in the future and identifying things.

• Yupperz

• Yes yes and yes!! Turned down a possible mechanical engineering degree because I knew I didn't want to deal with the stereotyping. Having said that I'd love to be a NASCAR/ F1 driver but never managed to do karting. Having said that it also scientifically proven than men are faster drivers on the world circuits and hence it's gonna be a while before we manage to get in there.

0|0
    0|0
    • :o being a F1 driver would be my dream!!! susie wolff is a test driver for williams and i think if she can prove herself, she might be the first female f1 driver which would be cool to see.

• Show All
    • Haha fortunately the one time I should've been caught the camera was broken, don't do it irresponsibly just where the speed limit is too low 😉

• why wouldn't they trust a girl mechanic?

0|0
    0|0
    • i just simply asked a question, i never said no one would trust them. I would trust a chick

• They really should... :/

0|0
    0|0
    • i agree too, i think the stereotype of it all might be shying them away.

• Show All
    • The classic cars would be easier to deal with if their parts were still being made xD

• oh yeah that is forsure. haha, easy motors to fix, more easier than these new ones, that is forsure

• Yes, as long as she's qualified enough gender wouldn't matter.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• They should do it because they want to and are good at it, not to tick off some political correctness box.

2|1
    0|0
  • If they rationally want to do so, then they should. I do not care about demographics, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely!!! I would take my car to a girl mechanic.

0|0
    0|0
  • What @meatballs21 said.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they have the aptitude for it. Men and women are good at different things, there's no getting away from that. But if they're capable, sure.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • wanker. lol