Have you had a traumatic experience? How did it change you?

As the quesyion asks. What happend and how did it affect you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting almost attacked by two golden retrievers (well they were growling and wouldn't back down) several years ago and the stupid owner taking not even apologizing for it, calmly walking her dogs to the door and pretend nothing happened.

Good thing they don't live there no more and haven't seen the dogs ever since. It doesn't help that I've always had a fear of median-large sized dogs and still do. However, I never gotten bitten; have no idea where this fear originated but it's always been there since early childhood.

What Girls Said 5

• When I moved to a different school and my mother started abusing me at home. I went from being confident, smart, happy, popular, well-adjusted to getting anxiety and panic attacks and even now 20 years later I haven't recovered completely yet.

• Sorry to hear that. I hope you can find happiness. If you had to go back... what changes would you have made?

• I don't think there is much I could have done, I was a child at the time.

• When my parents divorced, I was only 4 back then. Relationship with my mum wasn't any better and I didn't had any father figure in my life. Worse part? I didn't had any siblings to talk to. Went through lots of trauma and kept all my feelings and emotions to myself, grew up to be not a sharing person.

• I have had a few. And as much as I hate the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", it is a little bit true in my case. I'm a lot more resilient to bullsh*t now and I don't put up with drama queens. I don't try to fit in. I'm grateful for the small things in life. I don't take things too seriously because I could die tomorrow and then they wouldn't matter anyway. I appreciate what I have and don't envy what I don't have, because some people have nothing.

• I used to be wild and care free but the n my best friend in the world died in a car accident when I was 14 and my whole world flipped upside down. Now I'm more thinking ahead and playing it safe rather than doing anything and everything I want to do

• Yeah, a couple actually. The most recent one was sexual assault. I've become more serious and distant.

• sorry to hear that. I hope you have someone to talk to if you need it.

What Guys Said 4

• I was involved in an accidental fire. I was burned badly and have found out most wouldn't have survived. I've become a lot more emotional since then. I get misty eyed at things I think are sweet, precious, or beautiful

• Car crash when I was 3, I can't drive :c

• I've almost never heard my mom say anything good about my dad. I think she loves him, and she has defended him once or twice, but especially in my childhood, she would always be critical and they had terrible fights. She was unhappy, and my dad probably could have done more to stop that, so I don't blame her 100%.

I'm not sure, but I worry it has ruined my ability to have relationships with women. I become my doormat/passive-aggressive dad, and expect women to criticize me, despise me and leave me. Lo and behold that is exactly what happens.

• I got bullied at school, nowadays I hate probably around 99.99% of people, the sad thing is I'm over it now but still I think my hatred is justified! lol

• Bullying shows you the nasty side of people. There are very few people who have actual standards and integrity that most like to claim.

• That's very true!